Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 13 - 25-27th November, 2023

football forums

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Inverted said:

I feel like Liverpool have actually had enough decent opportunities in terms of being in and around the box, or getting runners against Man City with 3v3s. 

Just feels like they've been very indecisive. They're trying to make the absolute most of every attack, and hesitating, rather than just letting someone like Nunez or Szoboszlai just shoot.

Man City generally try and carve you open but they also have a go every so often to mix it up.

Agreed, a tad slow. Hopefully they improve and become quicker and create more clear opportunities to make a game of it. Otherwise Man City will just run away with it. 

Jota had one opportunity getting in the box but chose to take on one extra player unnecessarily so. 

If they can just up the tempo a bit and have sustained periods of being in/around Man City's box eventually they'll get a goal.

14 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

This midfield we have out is good enough to play against most sides in this league - but not Man City. It’s a midfield built to have the bulk of possession, not fight for it.

We’ve been pretty poor as a result other than a couple of decent moments from Nunez.

Don't think we as dominant having a striker in the midfield instead of De Bruyne, thought Nunes might of come in for this instead of Alvarez

15 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think your expensive side is doing just fine 

We are about 3rd most expensive squad with Liverpool right behind us so not much difference. our most expensive player on the pitch is Haaland at 60million. you got 4 players on the field today that cost the same or more, it's not all about the money

Edited by Happy Blue

4 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Soft but he put his hand on his shoulder. i'd of let it stand :ph34r:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a foul on a keeper I actually think is a foul.

Thats probably wrong and I’m probably blanking on some obvious fouls lol. But keepers get more protection than outfield players for some reason.

• Administrator
Just now, Danny said:

Lovely goal from TAA, City will be fuming as they should be 3-0 up.

Ironically Alisson saved well from Haaland just before the goal. 

I think the Dias goal was rightly disallowed.