talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Rayan Ait-Nouri - Wolves to Arsenal/Liverpool?

• Administrator

Arsenal and Liverpool are targeting Algerian international Rayan Ait-Nouri of Wolves, FootballTransfers can reveal.

The Gunners are actively seeking to bolster their left-back position and recently encountered resistance from the Midlands club in their pursuit of the defender following a failed offer.

Meanwhile, discussions between Wolves and Liverpool have already taken place. We are told that Nouri may depart at the end of the season or potentially in January if a bid exceeding £50 million is presented. Arsenal made a proposal but it was knocked back by Wolves, who are demanding more to allow him to leave.

A winter transfer for Ait-Nouri could be complicated by his involvement in the Africa Cup of Nations, potentially sidelining him from domestic action until mid-February.

https://www.footballtransfers.com/en/transfer-news/uk-premier-league/2024/01/arsenal-transfer-news-liverpool-wolves-rayan-ait-nouri-steve-kay

• The topic was unpinned
39 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Didn't Tsimikas only recently sign a new deal?

Yes & Robertson should be back around the time AFCON is over. Kostas should be back by the end of the month. So as a signing to address our depth at LB, he wouldn’t even be available while the LBs are out.

I suppose the worry is at the moment Gomez is playing LB & is also the number one understudy to Trent, and is our first choice CB to fill in if we get any CB injuries. And he’s got a bad history of bad injuries himself.

The only way I see this happening is if he’s been identified as the long time successor to Robertson and the club’s decided it needs to move earlier than expected because of Arsenal’s interest. I think that’s how we got Diaz while Mane was still here.

He’s a good player and if the club feels Robertson’s time at the top might be coming to an end soon, I wouldn’t mind the transfer at all. But I doubt they feel that’s the case. And we’ve had Kostas and Gomez both look strong at LB this year - so I doubt it’s a serious consideration.

I imagine our next big money signing will be a CB, I dunno why.

16 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yes & Robertson should be back around the time AFCON is over. Kostas should be back by the end of the month. So as a signing to address our depth at LB, he wouldn’t even be available while the LBs are out.

I suppose the worry is at the moment Gomez is playing LB & is also the number one understudy to Trent, and is our first choice CB to fill in if we get any CB injuries. And he’s got a bad history of bad injuries himself.

The only way I see this happening is if he’s been identified as the long time successor to Robertson and the club’s decided it needs to move earlier than expected because of Arsenal’s interest. I think that’s how we got Diaz while Mane was still here.

He’s a good player and if the club feels Robertson’s time at the top might be coming to an end soon, I wouldn’t mind the transfer at all. But I doubt they feel that’s the case. And we’ve had Kostas and Gomez both look strong at LB this year - so I doubt it’s a serious consideration.

I imagine our next big money signing will be a CB, I dunno why.

Yeah I can imagine that the club would be looking ahead to a time when a Robertson replacement is needed but I don't think it's a pressing issue yet. 

I agree on a CB, although the noise from Klopp after Matip's injury suggested he might get a new deal, so who knows. People have mentioned a 6 too but I think they'll look at how well Endo has done and also not want to block the pathway for Bajcetic as he's potentially a long term solution there

• Upvote 1