talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Adam Wharton Joins Crystal Palace

• Administrator

£18.5 is a hefty fee to reject. But worthy of holding out for more...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68093730

Crystal Palace have had an £18.5m bid for Blackburn midfielder Adam Wharton rejected.

The 19-year-old, who was born in Blackburn, made his debut for the Championship club in August 2022 and has made 44 appearances.

In December he extended his deal until the end of the 2027-28 season.

Palace have been watching him this season, and Newcastle, Everton and Tottenham are also known to have been interested in the youngster.

The under-20 England international plays alongside his younger brother Scott at Blackburn.

Crystal Palace have won just one of their past 12 matches in all competitions and are 15th in the Premier League. Some fans protested at the weekend about the club's ownership.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we'd be a good move for him. Over two seasons I reckon he'll transition in to a very good box to box midfielder for us. He's got the raw attributes to do so and we're in a position to offer him a lot of first team exposure.

There's no way in our current position we'd accept a loan back though. 

The transfer record in the Championship, for a player that was previously only playing in the EFL is £29m plus add ons for Ollie Watkins. Ivan Toney would have gone for £35m roughly had we not got promoted against Swansea.

Run of the mill Premier League forwards who have had good seasons in the Championship go for about £20m. I've not seen this kid play, though his stats on FBREF looking pretty good, but seeing as Palace want a 19 year old who has only played in the Championship to come in and help save their midfield and season...I would say they're going to have to venture somewhere between £20m-£30m considering he has 4 years on his contract and is only 19.

• The title was changed to Adam Wharton - Blackburn Accept Palace Bid
  • The title was changed to Adam Wharton Joins Crystal Palace