talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PL 2023/24 - Survival Battle

• Subscriber

If it's true that Chelsea aren't going to be done because of selling hotels to themselves or whatnot then they need to abolish the rules and reinstate all the docked points immediately. But that's one of those things that's so stupid I wonder if I've just fallen for some bait on Twitter.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Dan said:

If it's true that Chelsea aren't going to be done because of selling hotels to themselves or whatnot then they need to abolish the rules and reinstate all the docked points immediately. But that's one of those things that's so stupid I wonder if I've just fallen for some bait on Twitter.

No it's true. One of Boehly's other companies bought a hotel off Chelsea for £70m. Apparently Chelsea can prove it's that valuable so it's fine and the whole conflict of interest/money laundering through a different company angle just isn't covered seemingly.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

No it's true. One of Boehly's other companies bought a hotel off Chelsea for £70m. Apparently Chelsea can prove it's that valuable so it's fine and the whole conflict of interest/money laundering through a different company angle just isn't covered seemingly.

I'm not knocking Chelsea for doing this if that is the case, but again - just what is the point if you can bypass it with this sort of nonsense.

Boring that yet another topic has become about this but it's the inescapable bleak reality of this situation. I'm in a tough position on Leicester. I want to hold those responsible accountable for their utterly dreadful and irresponsible dealings, but I also think they're operating within utterly farcical parameters - particularly given the Chelsea case.

• Administrator

Vital win for Everton in the Merseyside derby, whilst Sheff Utd are resigned further to relegation despite scoring twice at Man Utd.

image.png

Everton host Brentford next and a win for either side (or a draw for Brentford) coupled with a Luton loss will mean that survival is ensured and they can now leave this subject matter well alone!