talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2024 Chinese GP - 19th April to 21st April

Just now, RandoEFC said:

What happened? Norris had his time deleted then reinstated?

Yeah, they said all 4 wheels were off. Not sure why they reinstated, waiting for a replay.

• Administrator

Everyone just took their turn to slot in to p2 before being pipped to the post by the next driver crossing the line xD

Sainz was first and he ends up 7th.

Thought Alonso had it right at the end but Perez just got there. Red bull lockout. 

• Subscriber

Shame after an eventful sprint qualifying that Red Bull go back to looking completely dominant again. I actually happened to wake up at 3.40am so I watched the Sprint. Some good racing. Again left thinking how DRS just makes the fastest car returning to the front inevitable. You know it's bad when Alonso and Hamilton don't even put up a fight against him.

Q3 was good with the close fight between Alonso, Perez, Mclaren and Ferrari. Again, if only Max/Red Bull were 3-5 tenths slower, what a spectacle we'd have.

7 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Formula one kind of sucks these days, going through the nineties there were lots spicy moments.  It feels like we have had near 20 years of one way dominance and racing rules that negate racing. 

Looking at the 70s, 80s and 90's. There was some form of variety in who won the title. Since 2000 you've had a single team dominating for years till the main regulation changes come in. After that, new regulations with a new team dominating.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Formula one kind of sucks these days, going through the nineties there were lots spicy moments.  It feels like we have had near 20 years of one way dominance and racing rules that negate racing. 

There was more jeopardy of reliability failures in the past but we get tricked by highlight reels into thinking that there was always a battle for the lead or a close championship fight.

In the past where I was properly obsessed with F1, I'd sometimes torrent full seasons from the past and watch them to get my fix. Honestly the majority of races you'd get down to 4th or 5th on the grid and the gap to pole would be over a second, outside the top 10 would be 2+ seconds off the pace. Then the races you'd have one guy leading by 40 seconds and lapping everyone outside the top 4 or 5 cars.

Modern F1 could be a lot better but the 70s-90s F1 aren't the answer either. Honestly the era I got into it in the 2005-2012 years was my favourite. Most years were competitive between 2-3 teams and overtaking was possible but not too easy.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

aqan60271svc1.jpeg?auto=webp&s=5352f3ab1

What I'm seeing is at the years have progressed, there's less competition. Look how many cars in the first two pictures, and then none in the bottom one!! 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

What I'm seeing is at the years have progressed, there's less competition. Look how many cars in the first two pictures, and then none in the bottom one!! 

sarcastic-laugh.png