talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Slovenia 1-1 Denmark - Sunday 16th June, 2024

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Denmark are clearly the favourites against Slovenia, given the balance they have in their squad and the experience they have in big international competitions. Player for player Denmark are the better side, but Slovenia do have some very dangerous players. Oblak is a world class keeper who will be difficult to beat and if Slovenia can get good service to their star striker Sesko, then he could deliver for Slovenia. All the matches so far at these Euros have been entertaining, I hope this match continues that trend.

Edited by Michael

• Administrator
Just now, Michael said:

Janza equalises for Slovenia! Janza smashes the ball on the half-volley from outside the area, it takes a slight deflection and finds the back of the net!

Slovenia 1-1 Denmark

More than slight! 

Slovenia's 2 strikers Sesko and Sporar are substituted out and replaced by Brekalo and Kurtic. The final whistle is blown and it finishes in a draw. I think the Danes will be disappointed with this result, but Slovenia showed how plucky they can be and that they can play a bit themselves.

Slovenia 1-1 Denmark

• The title was changed to Slovenia 1-1 Denmark - Sunday 16th June, 2024
4 minutes ago, Machado said:

Best game of the tournament so far for me.

Sesko is some player. Looks like many English clubs are looking to sign him this summer. Excited to see more of him.

I didn't think it was one of the best games of the tournament so far personally, but it was nice to see an under-dog side get a draw. This result also suits England of course as well.

As for Sesko, he's a class act, he's had an excellent season at RB Leipzig and he is one of the best strikers out there. There will be a host of big clubs looking to buy him after the Euros.

• The topic was unpinned