talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Netherlands 2-3 Austria - Tuesday 25th June, 2024

Looking at the line-ups and their performances so far, this is a 50/50 match between the Netherlands and Austria. Although the Austrians need the points more than the Dutch do.

• Administrator

Austria doing alright, taking the game to Netherlands. 

Reijnders missed an easy chance to equalise. 

Verbruggen makes an excellent save from a Sabitzer shot. Then seconds later he saves at the feet of Arnautovic, when it looked like a certain goal for Austria. Dangerous chances there for Austria.

I thought there'd be more injury time at the end of the 1st half, given that there were water breaks in that half. But the Austrians have looked better so far and are deservedly in the lead.

Austria has to be the surprise team of the tournament,  I knew they were good but never thought they would top the table.  Very strange line up by the Dutch, but they are through to the next round.

8 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Congrats to Österreich! Happy for them! So that unfortunate loss against France didn't even cost them in the end. Nice. 

I've been impressed by them. They've got some very good players in that midfield. Baumgartner and Sabitzer have been excellent.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

Austria has to be the surprise team of the tournament,  I knew they were good but never thought they would top the table.  Very strange line up by the Dutch, but they are through to the next round.

It's nice when you get the surprise teams do well.  I think you would have to fancy them against Czech Republic,  Georgia or Turkey 

• The title was changed to Netherlands 2-3 Austria - Tuesday 25th June, 2024