talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Czech Republic 1-2 Turkey - Wednesday 26th June, 2024

The Czech national team faces a significant setback ahead of their crucial match against Turkey, with star forward Patrick Schick doubtful to start due to an injury. In their previous match against Georgia, the Czechs dominated play but were unfortunate to only secure a 1-1 draw. Georgian goalkeeper Mamardashvili was voted man of the match, and the Czechs created numerous scoring opportunities. To advance to the Round of 16, they must secure a victory against Turkey. Despite Schick's potential absence, the Czech team possesses the capability to defeat Turkey, but they cannot afford to squander their scoring chances.

Conversely, Turkey enters the game with less pressure, having already secured a win against Georgia. A draw would suffice for Turkey, allowing them to adopt a more cautious approach without committing to early attacks. The Czechs must perform at their best to secure the necessary victory. Personally, I hope they succeed, as their young team boasts several talented players whom I'd like to see more of during these Euros. I'd also like to see more of Hlozek and Cerny in the attacking areas, as I think they can cause the Turkish defence some serious problems.

Edited by Michael

What a crazy game. There were like 20 yellow cards, a Czech player sent off after 15 minutes with a 2nd yellow, then another Czech player sent off after the final whistle. :D

Even players and officials on the bench were booked several times. xD

At first I was rooting for Turkey, but I felt really sorry Czech Republic how the Turkish goal happened. Their goalkeeper Stanek, who was fantastic btw, made a brilliant save but injured himself in the proccess and then couldn't save the 2nd shot. Poor guy, I felt so sorry for them. And Czech Republic fought admirably, even with 10 men for most of the match. 

• Administrator
25 minutes ago, Machado said:

This game rivals the battle of Nuremberg but I doubt it was as dirty.

Not even close. 

8 hours ago, Tommy said:

What a crazy game. There were like 20 yellow cards, a Czech player sent off after 15 minutes with a 2nd yellow, then another Czech player sent off after the final whistle. :D

Even players and officials on the bench were booked several times. xD

At first I was rooting for Turkey, but I felt really sorry Czech Republic how the Turkish goal happened. Their goalkeeper Stanek, who was fantastic btw, made a brilliant save but injured himself in the proccess and then couldn't save the 2nd shot. Poor guy, I felt so sorry for them. And Czech Republic fought admirably, even with 10 men for most of the match. 

Yeah, that red card early on changed the course of the game. But the Czechs still did well to equalise while being a man down. However, having a player sent-off was too much of a handicap in the end.

• Administrator
7 hours ago, 6666 said:

Not sure why Czechia's goal was even allowed. Looked a definite foul on the keeper. Game looked like it was great fun with all the cards.

How? The player has just jumped with the keeper? He's not put his arms across the keeper or leant into him. One of those where if it's disallowed we'd be wondering why, and bemoaning that keepers get too much protection. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stan said:

How? The player has just jumped with the keeper? He's not put his arms across the keeper or leant into him. One of those where if it's disallowed we'd be wondering why, and bemoaning that keepers get too much protection. 

Spot on. The goalkeeper should have punched the ball away instead of trying to catch it. 

• The title was changed to Czech Republic 1-2 Turkey - Wednesday 26th June, 2024