talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PL 2024/2025 - Expectations For This Season

8 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Our slip was pretty bad tbf & in the competing with Man Cheaty era of the prem you basically can’t afford any slips that last longer than 3 matches or they’ll fucking win the league.

it was but it was a three way up to that point.   

Not sure. This time last year I did feel quietly confident of a top 5 or 6 spot. This season, I'm not so sure. Villa have done lots of business, but not sure it's made us stronger, in the starting 11. The backup 11 is perhaps raised a little. And there will be the question of whether Watkins starts taking penalties again.

My heart wants to see things push on further.

My head says Villa will do extremely well to maintain a spot in the top 6. And try to continue to build the squad & the appeal of joining the squad.

A trophy would be nice. But they are more & more rare outside certain clubs.

• Subscriber

Rinse and repeat summer from us. I feel a bit sorry for Okoli because he looks like a quite ill thought out signing already to me unless he turns out really good, which I'll be honest the Italian anecdotes give me very little confidence of. We've loaded a decent amount of our budget into him when his position really wasn't the top priority. It's clear as day that we were relying on sales of players, which requires Rudkin being more than 2/10 at his job, meaning we're now scrambling around for basically anybody we can take again. Everything we do is undermined by the bottleneck created by Rudkin's ineptness and the owner is either too daft, or just doesn't care enough to see it.

Buonanotte coming in on loan sums up our decline for me. I'm not even necessarily against him as a player but he's the type of cheap youngster punt we've failed to take for years, that Brighton have not only taken, but are now using us to actually get him up to speed. I'd find it all so much easier to come to terms with if it felt the club acknowledged this decline and took proper measures to reverse it, but it's the same people in charge making the same mistakes and it's no longer unsubstantiated negativity - there is now a track record.

It's so Sheffield United last year.

A very good performance today,  could have easily been 7 or 8 with Isak of all people missing a penalty and two sitters but the performance from the team was good.   Jamie Miley is looking a good deputy for Lewis Miley and Sanusi is looking like a player who could break through this season.    Tomorrow is Brest with a split squad will see a different 11 play possibly Will Osula getting a game. 

• Subscriber

My opinion on us dips every time I watch us. Cooper is going to be a complete disaster here. Like a "did that really happen?" appointment.