talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Dan's Tipping Game - 2024/25

football forums

• Subscriber

Screenshot_20241004_181535_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a9e6b20c62d5b64d3697fb8f35e7bdb0.jpg

Going a bit riskier this weekend so taking a £5 stake. Brentford and Aston Villa both aren't even odds on to win against two teams in total shambles this weekend which I think represents good value. I'm taking the Asian -1.0 on each match, meaning one or both legs might end up Void.

£5 returns a maximum of £46.50.

• Subscriber
On 04/10/2024 at 18:18, RandoEFC said:

Screenshot_20241004_181535_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a9e6b20c62d5b64d3697fb8f35e7bdb0.jpg

Going a bit riskier this weekend so taking a £5 stake. Brentford and Aston Villa both aren't even odds on to win against two teams in total shambles this weekend which I think represents good value. I'm taking the Asian -1.0 on each match, meaning one or both legs might end up Void.

£5 returns a maximum of £46.50.

Brentford ✅

• Subscriber
On 05/10/2024 at 14:01, Dan said:

Leicester v Bournemouth. I'll do Bournemouth half time, draw full time. 14/1.

Rushed bet and it shows. Though this had paid out in two of our three home games this season so far.

• Subscriber
17 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Premiership - 19th October 

Tottenham v West Ham (Spurs win)
Ipswitch v Everton (Everton win)

Happy for you to use these games for next week but do you want anything for this one?

• Subscriber
On 01/10/2024 at 01:15, Dan said:

image.thumb.png.524fc65f73ca2946b1769e0ff26ee3c1.png

I've checked the stats and can confirm this is the best week in tipping game history. It's the first time we've ever collectively broken £100 profit and we've done it with absolute comfort as well, largely owing to two very handy wins.

I couldn't add to last weeks win - but I still sort of retain that there was good value in the bet I took at 6/1 with Arsenal registering 17 corners and Gabriel himself racking up an xG of 0.49, so a bit unlucky really. Still, at least on the plus side Leicester managed to actually keep the goals out and stop everyone else scoring, eh. Oh wait. Of course we didn't.

@RandoEFC rises to 2nd in the table with a second straight win, given a bit of a scare in the unlikeliest of ways as Arsenal nearly didn't win the game, but the corners as stated hit 17 with 6 of those coming in the first half.

I have been through @...Dan's bet and was given a dilemma. I've asked about and it does appear some bookies are still settling any Antwerp bet as a void, but I think in these circumstances it's fair to award the win given they have actually been given a 5-0 win anyway. Beerschot's fans pyro'd and got the game called off at 4-0 with 15 left and I've seen this in Belgium before where this seems to default to a 5-0 loss for the club in question. Probably not a bad way of doing it in all honesty. The real clincher here though was Lyon picking up an injury time winner, for his biggest win of the season and the third biggest of the season.

The highlight of the week however is @Stan who's bet builder contained so many things that I just simply had to type "Bet Builder" rather than all of the small details. A great pick though, and the biggest single priced odds winner of the season so far. Benfica had an early scare against Gil Vicente but ended up smashing them 5-1. A perfect outcome here, and a game that has contributed to me winning loads of money via acca freeze abuse as well as Benfica landed me one accumulator and Gil Vicente's goal started another. More details on this if anyone is interested.

This leaves @CaaC (John) as the only player to play multiple weeks and not yet register a winner. Both selections out again and he's cut quite adrift at the bottom now while 2nd-6th have all become quite bunched together following this week. A decent win from him soon and I think we're in quite sound profit as a collective, which hasn't happened once since playing.

image.thumb.png.2afc2ebd1745292fda2a6e4862cdd867.png

What goes up must come down. An absolutely horrendous week last time out with 5/5 players losing, although the strange quirk being that of the 9 selections made, only the 2nd and 3rd unlikeliest according to odds actually came in, so there was some good work within the bad outcome.

I register another loss having once again paying the price for going against my own team. Similarly to last week, I think the price all considered was quite generous as we've got a real tendency to go behind at home - the first time all season we haven't. But this game took a different path and we won. A good win.

@RandoEFC was unlucky landing Brentford -1 in quite bizarre circumstances but being let down by Aston Villa who seem to be drawing a few lately. That game was one of those ones where the bookies knowledge just baffles me - the game priced very evenly despite it being abundantly clear to anybody that Aston Villa are the better team, yet a total stalemate plays out.

@...Dan probably takes the wooden spoon of the week by backing two handicap teams who didn't even win their games, let alone heavily. An infuriating pair of games which I had my own interest in. Marseille v Angers possibly the most annoying 'freeze' game of the season, for anybody who follows.

@Stan put AI above himself and maybe on this evidence it's safe to say the world hasn't fallen to the robots just yet, with both picks not paying out despite quite sound logic. Bournemouth had 17 shots yet only managed 2 on target. Haaland didn't score because he's in my fantasy team - I've landed 100% of his blanks and missed 100% of his goals so far.

The unluckiest player this week though, by far for me, is @CaaC (John) who landed a really good pick in the Sunderland Leeds score draw, even if the circumstances surrounding it were frankly hilarious. But then was let down by heavy favourites Linfield at home to Glentoran. Just sums up his season so far.

A shit week. Was always going to happen. A dreaded international break this time out - I'd snap your hand off for a breakeven. Nobody play!

• Sad 1

• Subscriber
On 12/10/2024 at 00:17, Dan said:

image.thumb.png.2afc2ebd1745292fda2a6e4862cdd867.png

What goes up must come down. An absolutely horrendous week last time out with 5/5 players losing, although the strange quirk being that of the 9 selections made, only the 2nd and 3rd unlikeliest according to odds actually came in, so there was some good work within the bad outcome.

I register another loss having once again paying the price for going against my own team. Similarly to last week, I think the price all considered was quite generous as we've got a real tendency to go behind at home - the first time all season we haven't. But this game took a different path and we won. A good win.

@RandoEFC was unlucky landing Brentford -1 in quite bizarre circumstances but being let down by Aston Villa who seem to be drawing a few lately. That game was one of those ones where the bookies knowledge just baffles me - the game priced very evenly despite it being abundantly clear to anybody that Aston Villa are the better team, yet a total stalemate plays out.

@...Dan probably takes the wooden spoon of the week by backing two handicap teams who didn't even win their games, let alone heavily. An infuriating pair of games which I had my own interest in. Marseille v Angers possibly the most annoying 'freeze' game of the season, for anybody who follows.

@Stan put AI above himself and maybe on this evidence it's safe to say the world hasn't fallen to the robots just yet, with both picks not paying out despite quite sound logic. Bournemouth had 17 shots yet only managed 2 on target. Haaland didn't score because he's in my fantasy team - I've landed 100% of his blanks and missed 100% of his goals so far.

The unluckiest player this week though, by far for me, is @CaaC (John) who landed a really good pick in the Sunderland Leeds score draw, even if the circumstances surrounding it were frankly hilarious. But then was let down by heavy favourites Linfield at home to Glentoran. Just sums up his season so far.

A shit week. Was always going to happen. A dreaded international break this time out - I'd snap your hand off for a breakeven. Nobody play!

image.thumb.png.be625ff33649e21c937e8ada51ca16ff.png

It's just a whole load of rubbish again this week, the less said the better - luckily only three people played with a tenner each so the loss isn't particularly heavy. The Croatia Scotland game blows two players in one game. I was a bit unlucky on Peru Uruguay with a late winner, but the other game Serbia won it fairly comfortably.

Poor week.