talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Australian A-League

football forum

Lowe puts out a great line up, Joseph Mills gets injured in warm ups, Jake Brimmer comes in and Xavi Torres gets moved back to CB. Jeremy Walker to LB.

I went from optimistic to pessimistic in just 30 minutes. What a shocking twist of events.

Edited by Guest

We are making Melbourne City look like Pep Guardiola's Barcelona. This is shocking.

On another note, is this the best year in the A-League for the most young players in the league? We've got De Silva, Blackwood, Italiano and Arzani all getting a chance and doing well. Now we just need Wellington to give Sarpreet Singh more playing time.

Nutmegs all over the place, passing masterclass from City but that's more our fault than their good.

To be fair, the game was lost before it started. Joseph Mills' warmup injury was so poorly handled. Jeremy Walker struggles on the right, so what does Lowe do? Move him to his weaker side. GENIUS

Shambles.

1 minute ago, Anton said:

Another loss. Good. But he won't be sacked. Problem is at the top. Sage out!!!

Not sure if you saw the game mate, but it was funny. Lowe put out an excellent lineup, one player gets injured and then Xavi Torres goes in center back, the already shite Walker gets put in a weaker position and the whole lineup got jumbled up. Its a classic Kenny Lowe thing to do. It resulted in probably one of the worst performances all season, and that includes the 6-0 loss over Sydney. Joke.

Heard the pen was a bit soft? 

Tony Sage apparently says no sacking due to injured players. To be fair we were two defenders away from fielding our best line up last night and it's a squad game. Club is a joke.

VAR just sent Rhys Williams off lolz 

11 hours ago, Anton said:

Heard the pen was a bit soft? 

Tony Sage apparently says no sacking due to injured players. To be fair we were two defenders away from fielding our best line up last night and it's a squad game. Club is a joke.

VAR just sent Rhys Williams off lolz 

It wasn't a penalty, but I don't think I can complain. The match was never going our way.

Yep, I agree with the lineup. It was great at the start but then it got jumbled up.

17 hours ago, Stan said:

they've been poor all season but this is probably the worst I've seen Brisbane play so far. 

There's only so much you can do with an ancient striker playing alone up top. 

Really glad we didn't go for him. Maccarone was never all that anyways. Even Heskey when he came to the A-League had decent years at Leicester and Liverpool, and I believe Del Piero or Dwight Yorke need no introduction.

@Anton 

So, what exactly set Kenny Lowe off at training? This video came out

https://wwos.nine.com.au/2018/01/12/17/04/perth-glory-coach-kenny-lowe-gives-players-spary-at-training

The line that confuses the hell out of me is: "I am a fucking decent bloke". Did a 56 year old man get insulted by a player or is he just saddened by his reputation being harmed by them? If the latter is what happened, he needs to be more self aware.

PS: What a lovely accent

• Administrator

there's been an over-reliance on him. He's about 35 now? Like Maccarone at Roar, or in any team actually, you can't always rely on one player to do the business. There'll be moments of magic or quality, but for a whole 90 everyone needs to be on form. Castro doesn't have the capability any more to carry his side like we may have seen in the last couple of seasons.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

there's been an over-reliance on him. He's about 35 now? Like Maccarone at Roar, or in any team actually, you can't always rely on one player to do the business. There'll be moments of magic or quality, but for a whole 90 everyone needs to be on form. Castro doesn't have the capability any more to carry his side like we may have seen in the last couple of seasons.

I agree, but overall its not just about him carrying the side. He's been poor overall.

He could just be past it though like you said.

Anyhow, Walter Scott is my boy. What a player.

@Stan Where are you watching this? I tuned into BT Sport and they are showing basketball.

The channel I was watching it on went down at the end of the half (43rd minute)

Edited by Guest

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Blue said:

@Stan Where are you watching this? I tuned into BT Sport and they are showing basketball.

The channel I was watching it on went down at the end of the half (43rd minute)

on Skybet live stream. I was very surprised BT Sport had neither game showing today.

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

on Skybet live stream. I was very surprised BT Sport had neither game showing today.

Ah ok, thanks. I was wondering if I was going crazy.

My polish stream is back, thankfully.