talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Australian A-League

football forum

At least Kenny Lowe actually tried something better here, but still some odd decisions, mainly coming in the first half where he tried to park the bus from the 2nd minute after the 1st goal.

But its ok because he is a #fuckingdecentbloke

Who the hell is the Australian prodigy?

De Silva, Italiano and Arzani. All 3 are special, but its hard to pick. Arzani probably the most talented today but Italiano is 3 years younger.

• Administrator

Lively start to the Brisbane vs Perth game

Brisbane took an early lead through Papadopolous. Chris Harold equalised soon after though. A repeat of the 6-3 a couple years ago is well on its way.

Just now, Stan said:

goalfest as expected in Brisbane.

Reached half-time with the scores at 1-1. 

It's now 3-2 with 20 minutes to go. 

Its a goalfest but I've found it horribly dull compared to last weekends 3-2 loss vs Victory.

Perth Glory's playoff hopes are probably done. Next week vs WSW will be huge, and I don't expect much from it.

On a good note, Diego Castro had a much better game, as did Harold and Keogh. Jeremy Walker still no improvement though.

• Administrator

thought Keogh was poor. He's so past it it's getting silly now. No pace. No creativity. Can't remember last time he scored. He used to be quite agile and problematic for defenders in the air. Maybe it's the way Perth play but he is so wasteful with the ball. 

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

thought Keogh was poor. He's so past it it's getting silly now. No pace. No creativity. Can't remember last time he scored. He used to be quite agile and problematic for defenders in the air. Maybe it's the way Perth play but he is so wasteful with the ball. 

He's very limited I agree. Doesn't do much other than score, but I actually thought he was good today. He was putting in some decent passes and showed some good vision. It was a step up compared to the last few games.

But there is a reason we play 4-4-2. He can't play as a lone striker. It just won't work.

10 hours ago, Toinho said:

5 losses in a row and I haven't watched any of them. When did Brian start supporting Perth? Pretty sure we haven't won since...

I've always been a Perth fan, but I'm investing more interest now since I've missed being a fan. So in other words, the form is my fault :/ 

Wellington is 2-0 up away to Newcastle. This probably ends the very slim hope the Jets had in finishing first.

Their best shot now is in the grand final, should they make it.

• Administrator

Dario Vidosic just scored an absolute belter. Half-volley from the side of the box on the right hand side. Too powerful for the keeper. Comprehensive win for Melbourne City but could be marred by a possible broken ankle for Nathaniel Atkinson. 

• Administrator

Melbourne City equalise after a Daniel Arzani penalty.

Youngster seems better than Jacob Italiano of Perth right now. Very skilful and did well to step up for the penalty and convert it.