talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Australian A-League

football forum

8 hours ago, Stan said:

@Blue @Toinho you watching the top of the table clash?

Newcastle vs Sydney.

Jordy Buijs gets O'Donovan sent off.
Jordy Buijs gives away a penalty.
Jordy Buijs assists Sydney's equaliser. 

He's had a busy game xD 

Nabbout has just scored a really good goal to get 10-man Newcastle back in front. 

Unfortunately not, I've been saving my alarm clock for the Perth game after the FFA's confusing scheduling made me miss the last one (an accessible one too :()

10 hours ago, Blue said:

Unfortunately not, I've been saving my alarm clock for the Perth game after the FFA's confusing scheduling made me miss the last one (an accessible one too :()

I'll be able to watch the first half of our game. Not expecting much. Draw at best. 

12 hours ago, Toinho said:

I'll be able to watch the first half of our game. Not expecting much. Draw at best. 

Well there you go.

So much for Lowe saying "we'll win our last 7" :( 

Kenny Lowe gets on the book. In other news, grass is green.

Suspended for the next match. Perth have been alright here though. 1-0 up with a Chianese goal.

@Toinho first game wearing my Perth Glory t-shirt :D 

Glad for the win.

Playoffs are still a bit off but its good to see Perth are performing at home. As shocking as it was a few months ago, but Kilkenny has completely changed this side.

We are absurdly probably going to make the finals. 3 of our last 4 games are at home. It's possible we make it. I don't want us to.

Kilkenny was our best player hands down. We were chanting for Taggart to play, why not start him and Lowry? So confused!

Kashima 1-0 up against Sydney FC and the Sky Blues look to be going out quickly. Complete flop of a campaign and Graham Arnold has been found out.

Victory has been doing a bit better. Won 1-0 vs Kawasaki and are tied on points with Ulsan Hyundai, although its likely they'll also go out in the groups seeing who they have left.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Saw the first half, getting a feed and will come back to it. Sydney and Arnold have been shown up lately. Their goal disallowed in the first half was close though! 

VAR showed it to be offside and correctly ruled out ;) 

Sydney have been better 2nd half but far from their best.

I think the Champions League exploits have taken their toll.

It would be amazing if Newcastle pipped them to the title! Only 5 point gap if Sydney go on to lose this. 

26 minutes ago, Stan said:

VAR showed it to be offside and correctly ruled out ;) 

Sydney have been better 2nd half but far from their best.

I think the Champions League exploits have taken their toll.

It would be amazing if Newcastle pipped them to the title! Only 5 point gap if Sydney go on to lose this. 

I know... I said it was close....

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Toinho said:

I didn't see any of the game last night, did anyone? Adelaide smashing Newcastle 5-2!

Yep! Was surprising to watch to say the least! When it went 3-1 Newcastle seemed to turn off. The red card didn't help. 

Confidence-boosting win for Adelaide considering a 1-0 loss would have taken them out of the top 6! Sends a message to the rest of the teams around them as well I guess. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Yep! Was surprising to watch to say the least! When it went 3-1 Newcastle seemed to turn off. The red card didn't help. 

Confidence-boosting win for Adelaide considering a 1-0 loss would have taken them out of the top 6! Sends a message to the rest of the teams around them as well I guess. 

True!

Melb City v WSW is on free to air TV so been watching that, put a few bets on it, lost one already (haha) Having a lazy weekend so ust enjoying this as a neutral. Arzani looks good.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Toinho said:

True!

Melb City v WSW is on free to air TV so been watching that, put a few bets on it, lost one already (haha) Having a lazy weekend so ust enjoying this as a neutral. Arzani looks good.

think he was mentioned before with Chianese and Sarpreet Singh as one of a few 'starlets' or players with high potential. Arzani's issue is the final ball sometimes or trying to beat one too many men (oi). That'll come with age though but he definitely is one to watch.

City need to be a bit more ruthless. The kind of game where it'll come back to bite them if they don't take one of the chances.