talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Australian A-League

football forum

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Solid start. 1-0 up at half time versus scummy bastards. Referee has had a complete shocker in my opinion. 

Havent seen the Roar/Phoenix game but heads Holman scored a cracker!

decided to stay in bed for the early game xD 

This ref in the Perth game is a 'local' as well, apparently! Shockers from the officials to not only miss 1 foul by Thomas, but 2. For me there was clear contact on Keogh. 

23 minutes ago, Stan said:

decided to stay in bed for the early game xD 

This ref in the Perth game is a 'local' as well, apparently! Shockers from the officials to not only miss 1 foul by Thomas, but 2. For me there was clear contact on Keogh. 

Agreed completely. First time he has reffed us too I think. 

We win this, finals is realistic. Which I'm very torn about. 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Agreed completely. First time he has reffed us too I think. 

We win this, finals is realistic. Which I'm very torn about. 

well if I remember correctly, Perth have a habit of losing games around about this time of the game. Could get interesting. 

What I also don't get about the ref is he booked Keogh (incorrectly) for diving, yet didn't book Chianese for the same type of incident? He thought both dived yet only one player got punishment. Failure in consistency!

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Toinho said:

Anyone watch glory v Sydney? I didn't. 

yep, Sydney all over you for most of the game. 

Last 15-20 mins and you got back in to the game and nearly gave Sydney a scare.

Sydney are so frustrating. They chose the right time to win though. 4-1 against Suwon and if Kashima lose to Shanghai, it would be fair to think Sydney are through with a win last match day.

Some big games this weekend and next.  We have a full squad to choose from for tonight's clash against the Jets. They've been a bit hit and miss recently. I think a draw for us is possible. However, our record against them is generally good so I'm going to be super optimistic and say an away win is actually possible.

I can honestly see Sydney dropping a few points. They've won the Premier already and also are still alive in the Champions League. They'll rest a few.

• Administrator

It's no surprise that Newcastle's drop in form has coincided with Andrew Nabbout leaving for Japan to play with Urawa. 

He was a key player for them. 

2 hours ago, Stan said:

It's no surprise that Newcastle's drop in form has coincided with Andrew Nabbout leaving for Japan to play with Urawa. 

He was a key player for them. 

Along with the fact they have not beaten us at home for 6.5 seasons. Baffles me some of those picking the Jets to win. A penalty and converted by Castro as we go 1-0 up. God I want us to make finals but that means Kenny stays. Uhhhhh.

• Administrator
26 minutes ago, Toinho said:

This is insane. 2-0. Taggart. Smashing them. Why have we waited until round 26 for this? I suppose this is our best XI, finally. 

yeah the amount of injuries you had over the past few months was ridiculous. well documented they were all 'soft-tissue' injuries (or most were).

Nice to know you now follow your team again now that they're doing well :ph34r: 

8 minutes ago, Stan said:

yeah the amount of injuries you had over the past few months was ridiculous. well documented they were all 'soft-tissue' injuries (or most were).

Nice to know you now follow your team again now that they're doing well :ph34r: 

Still 8th... out of 10. So I'm not on the bandwagon yet... haha 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Toinho said:

Watching a quiz show instead. Keep me updated but delighted about Berisha lol 

Sydney lost, Berisha scored a hat-trick in the 2nd half xD