talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Australian A-League

football forum

3 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

To announce it at half time was bizarre. Hardly going to give the fans a lift for the second half.

Baffling decision really, I'm guessing another party (Sydney FC, the local paper, Le Fondre himself) was ready to go public and the club had to save face and announce it first? Either way, I've never heard of anything like it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Getting emails from all sorts of friends and family about Usain Bolt. No disrespect to them at all but I find this whole Bolt marketing thing from CCM cringeworthy as fuck. Central Coast will finish bottom this season, guaranteed.

One thing is running, another thing is running with the ball.

Apparently around 10k people went to see Bolt's debut for CCM.

I can see why they don't call Australia a "football country". 

If they bring that many people for Usain Bolt, I can't imagine the numbers if they brought in Alfie Potter.

2 hours ago, Blue said:

Apparently around 10k people went to see Bolt's debut for CCM.

I can see why they don't call Australia a "football country". 

If they bring that many people for Usain Bolt, I can't imagine the numbers if they brought in Alfie Potter.

The actual suburb of Gosford has 4,000 people but the whole shire has 160,000 odd. Tiny population really in rugby land too. 

We get the crowds the competition deserves. Football is the most popular sport, easily, but majority of fans are “Euro snobs”. 

Edited by Toinho

• 3 weeks later...

@Fairy In Boots @TomAVFC @Bluebird Hewitt @Lucas

Aston Villa forward Ross McCormack has joined Australian side Central Coast Mariners on a season-long loan.

The move could see the 32-year-old Scot link up with Usain Bolt, who is on trial with the Mariners as he pursues a career as a professional footballer.

McCormack has experience of playing in the A-League from his time on loan at Melbourne City last season.

The forward moved to Aston Villa in August 2016 from Fulham, but has failed to make an impact at Villa Park.

He has just three goals in 24 matches for the club and last played for Steve Bruce's side in September 2017.

On 21/09/2018 at 06:41, Danny said:

Was very talented at this level but obviously doesn't have the head for it anymore, hence going on holiday in Australia.

He was in the A-league last year too. 

Anyone see the Bentleigh v Avondale or Avonvale or whenever they are, game the other week? That was insane! 

2 hours ago, Toinho said:

He was in the A-league last year too. 

Anyone see the Bentleigh v Avondale or Avonvale or whenever they are, game the other week? That was insane! 

Yeah at Melbourne weren't he? Bet he thought it'd be sunny all year round hence going Central Coast now 😂

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Toinho said:

Bolt scored two goals in a friendly today. Missed tonnes of chances. Will be interesting to see what happens with his contract.... 

Maybe he will get his utd move :ph34r:

12 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Now he's upset that he's been asked to submit to a doping test and said he's not even a footballer xD - not surprised in the slightest

If he's on trial I think he has grounds to be shitty about it. You imagine clubs would do their own tests if he's offered a contract anyway.

• Administrator

Season kicked off today in Adelaide where they are hosting Sydney FC.

Scott Galloway scored for the hosts on the brink of half-time. Redmayne caught off his line with bad positioning. Sydney haven't been too impressive with their new front-line of Siem De Jong and Adam Le Fondre.