talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

MLS Match Chat

football forum

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't explain how big that is for Almiron. He's been struggling in front of goal for a while now, and he needed a damn goal to just get his confidence back. 

The big three have scored, just need to hold on for 8 more minutes and take back the lead in the East. 

What a week of fixtures this is shaping up to be. NY derby on Wednesday, Atlanta's derby with Orlando on Friday along with the LA derby, and then the famous Portland vs Seattle derby this weekend. Also, what a tough road for NY RB, they have NYCFC this week, and then the hottest team in soccer, DC United, this weekend. 

WED, 8/22
NYC FC vs New York RB

THU, 8/23
Chicago vs Columbus
Houston vs FC Dallas

FRI, 8/24
Orlando City vs Atlanta United
LA Galaxy vs LAFC

SAT, 8/25
Philadelphia vs New England
Toronto FC vs Montreal Impact
Sporting KC vs Minnesota United
Colorado vs Real Salt Lake
San Jose vs Vancouver

SUN, 8/26
New York RB vs DC United
Portland vs Seattle

3 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Josef Martinez is surely going to be snapped up in January.

Probably. He was out of position when he was at Torino, but now people know exactly where to play him. 

2 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

DC United seem to have turned the tide since Wayne Rooney's arrival.

Yes, him and Acosta are both playing well and the attitude of the entire team has changed greatly. Happy for them as they have Asad, who was on Atlanta last year. 

• Subscriber

Looks like Rooney has gone over there with a point to prove as far as he's concerned. Credit to him for that even if people don't take the MLS seriously, he hasn't accepted defeat and lowered his level to one that will see him just get by. Say what you want about Rooney you can't question his pride or whatever else you want to call it.

Wow - NYC FC gets another red, a straight red for a foul that was incidental. No way is it a straight red for me...

David Villa continues to argue and gets himself a yellow card. 

This game might get really nasty....hopefully NYCFC can hold on. 

Absolutely terrible play to end this game. Both teams with great chances to score a winner, and yet there is no true skill to score the winner, instead they both just pass it around like a bunch of children. 

And it's over!

NYCFC and Red Bulls draw 1-1, even though NYCFC had 9 players to end the match. NYC FC are surely feeling much better about this result. 

20 hours ago, Eco said:

Absolutely terrible play to end this game. Both teams with great chances to score a winner, and yet there is no true skill to score the winner, instead they both just pass it around like a bunch of children. 

And it's over!

NYCFC and Red Bulls draw 1-1, even though NYCFC had 9 players to end the match. NYC FC are surely feeling much better about this result. 

The highlights looked pretty decent. Big game David Villa coming up with the goods. The disparity in quality between players on the same time reminded me of AFCON.

2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

The highlights looked pretty decent. Big game David Villa coming up with the goods. The disparity in quality between players on the same time reminded me of AFCON.

Sometimes I find the MLS unwatchable. Teams like Chicago (currently on the TV), who are currently in last, have nothing to play for, and thus play with no passion. If the MLS were to have a true Promotion/Relegation system, Chicago would certainly have something to play for....their lives. 

However, as I type this, they somehow go 1-0 on Columbus Crew with 20 minutes left to play. 

The lack of talent in this game melts my heart. It's games like this that kill me. It portrayed to be come crazy giant rivalry, but the crowd is only a few thousand deep, quiet as a library, and the play on the field is enough to put insomniacs to sleep. The only saving grace is the half-time whistle which means this televised ambien is half-way done. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived