talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ligue 1 2017/18 Chat

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Really don’t think it make a difference to the league. Even with a victory tomorrow they will still have a sizeable lead and I can’t see them dropping that many more 

• Administrator

@Batard you watching Marseille?

You guys got a very fortunate penalty at the end of the first half and equalised. Then late in 2nd half just now a Montpellier goal originally given and then disallowed by the linesman after their player was adjudged to have interfered as the ball went in. 

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Stan said:

@Batard you watching Marseille?

You guys got a very fortunate penalty at the end of the first half and equalised. Then late in 2nd half just now a Montpellier goal originally given and then disallowed by the linesman after their player was adjudged to have interfered as the ball went in. 

I caught parts of it ... and I’m not remotely surprised that after PSG dropped points we would do the same. The draw was a fair result, we were blunt up front. I wonder where we’d be without Thauvin. And what the fuck has happened to Payet this season?! 

• Administrator
27 minutes ago, Stan said:

@Batard is loving tonight. 3-0 to Marseille. St Etienne down to 10.

I just need a Thauvin goal for my tipping thread selection!

Was a comfortable win. Should have been more. I was tough on Garcia a few weeks back, but ever since Evra has gone, the atmosphere seems so much better. What an odious guy he was in the dressing room. 

Bielsa is gone. Shame that his career hasn't gone right since Chile because I do admire his football view and philosophy. Hope he can get back up and find another club.

17 minutes ago, Batard said:

2nd bottom of the table and generally awful, it wasn't a huge surprise. 

I know but I've always liked his way to view football. He just wasn't always able to execute it. He did leave a legacy on future managers though.

• Administrator
27 minutes ago, Blue said:

I know but I've always liked his way to view football. He just wasn't always able to execute it. He did leave a legacy on future managers though.

He's undoubtedly been a manager who has greatly influenced many managers, certainly on Pep and Pochettino ... it's more whether he holds the same respect as he once did, the game has changed a lot and dressing rooms hold so much more power these days. You upset the wrong players and you lose the dressing room. It seems this was the case at Lille. They didn't respect him. 

2 minutes ago, Batard said:

He's undoubtedly been a manager who has greatly influenced many managers, certainly on Pep and Pochettino ... it's more whether he holds the same respect as he once did, the game has changed a lot and dressing rooms hold so much more power these days. You upset the wrong players and you lose the dressing room. It seems this was the case at Lille. They didn't respect him. 

Yeah that sums up what I said well. He's left a legacy on managers for years to come and has an excellent view on football, but his biggest problem is he's very picky with the job he takes. 

He's one of the greatest managers in the game to not win a whole lot. His biggest achievement was nothing small though and that was reviving Chilean football. Similar to what Ricardo Gareca did with us.

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, Blue said:

Yeah that sums up what I said well. He's left a legacy on managers for years to come and has an excellent view on football, but his biggest problem is he's very picky with the job he takes. 

He's one of the greatest managers in the game to not win a whole lot. His biggest achievement was nothing small though and that was reviving Chilean football. Similar to what Ricardo Gareca did with us.

I'm curious to see where he will appear next to be honest, French football hasn't been kind to Bielsa.

Archived