talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ligue 1 2017/18 Chat

PSG win again, in what was a disappointingly shit performance from Nice. Expected a little more passion from them. That's four losses on the bounce now.

I hope Lyon can keep up with these Parisian wankers through the season, or else it's going to be an awful year at the top from a neutrals perspective.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
2 hours ago, FOYM said:

PSG win again, in what was a disappointingly shit performance from Nice. Expected a little more passion from them. That's four losses on the bounce now.

I hope Lyon can keep up with these Parisian wankers through the season, or else it's going to be an awful year at the top from a neutrals perspective.

Imagine how it feels like to be a Marseille supporter witnessing PSG steam rollering everyone. Only saving grace is they will bottle it in Europe 

• Administrator
2 hours ago, FOYM said:

Out of all French sides, I lean towards Marseille but my god they haven't half been terrible for years now, it's hard to have interest in following them as a casual 'fan'.

The running of the club has been laughable over the years, letting our best players run down their contracts and leaving for free. In the instance of Gignac, he didn’t even want much more money. Now we’re investing in really inconsistent players. 

• Subscriber

See Nantes got beat. Found it pretty incredible that they were 3rd despite scoring less than a goal a game xD

Anyhow you can probably predict what I'm doing around here. He's being largely slaughtered as he was underwhelming at Southampton, but what do you lot all make of Claude Puel?

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Dan said:

See Nantes got beat. Found it pretty incredible that they were 3rd despite scoring less than a goal a game xD

Anyhow you can probably predict what I'm doing around here. He's being largely slaughtered as he was underwhelming at Southampton, but what do you lot all make of Claude Puel?

He’s a pragmatic; well organized manager. He’s not nearly as boring as he’s been painted out to be, he will give creative players license to express themselves. At Southampton, he bought Boufal who, to be fair, is a really really good player but in France, the game isn’t about hard running, the Premier league is about end product not deft touches. Puels Lille were a tough team to play against; so in a way I do feel Leicester will benefit from his approach. It won’t be swashbuckling and if you’re prepared to draw games you feel you should be winning but finish comfortably in the top half of the table; Claude’s your man. 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Batard said:

He’s a pragmatic; well organized manager. He’s not nearly as boring as he’s been painted out to be, he will give creative players license to express themselves. At Southampton, he bought Boufal who, to be fair, is a really really good player but in France, the game isn’t about hard running, the Premier league is about end product not deft touches. Puels Lille were a tough team to play against; so in a way I do feel Leicester will benefit from his approach. It won’t be swashbuckling and if you’re prepared to draw games you feel you should be winning but finish comfortably in the top half of the table; Claude’s your man. 

The more I read the more I think we might've actually made quite a shrewd appointment. I'd argue we definitely have more attacking talent than Southampton do. I liked immediately what he said about wanting to convince Mahrez to stay, and wanting to build the team around him. That's the kind of positive attitude I want the manager to have. We need to build a team that supplements Mahrez rather than one that relies on him to pull something out and I reckon he might well do it.

I thought Shakespeare would do that, he made the right noises too, but he completely retreated in my eyes. I'm quietly optimistic about Puel.

• Administrator
30 minutes ago, Dan said:

The more I read the more I think we might've actually made quite a shrewd appointment. I'd argue we definitely have more attacking talent than Southampton do. I liked immediately what he said about wanting to convince Mahrez to stay, and wanting to build the team around him. That's the kind of positive attitude I want the manager to have. We need to build a team that supplements Mahrez rather than one that relies on him to pull something out and I reckon he might well do it.

I thought Shakespeare would do that, he made the right noises too, but he completely retreated in my eyes. I'm quietly optimistic about Puel.

Personally, I don’t feel he’s a bad appointment at all. But, if you can accept not sweeping teams away like Swansea or Burnley in bore draws you’ll also find Leicester more competitive against the big boys. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Batard said:

Personally, I don’t feel he’s a bad appointment at all. But, if you can accept not sweeping teams away like Swansea or Burnley in bore draws you’ll also find Leicester more competitive against the big boys. 

Well considering we've lost our last eight games against the so called top seven that can't be a bad thing. I don't even think we have to sweep these sides away, we beat Swansea a lot more comfortably last week than the score suggested.

• Administrator

Lyon 5-0 up. Nabil Fekir with the 5th, celebrates like Messi did holding his shirt in front of the St Etienne fans. St Etienne fans pitch invade. 

Lyon fans take cover in to the dressing rooms/tunnel. Apparently if the match is abandoned, St Etienne would get the win xD 

St. Etienne most likely will receive some sort of punishment. Fekir was a bit arrogant with his celebration but St. Etienne fans going mental and invading the pitch is ridiculous (even though it was a fun watch).

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, 6666 said:

St. Etienne most likely will receive some sort of punishment. Fekir was a bit arrogant with his celebration but St. Etienne fans going mental and invading the pitch is ridiculous (even though it was a fun watch).

considering this is a derby, they've just seen their team slump to a 5-0 defeat, they're angry, they're incensed. It's not that ridiculous considering they were provoked by Fekir's celebration. 

It'd be like Kane scoring a hat-trick against Arsenal, running over to Arsenal fans, whipping out an Arsenal shirt and taking a huge steaming shit all over it. Would that not piss you off so much to the point you'd want to chop his block (and cock, probably) off?

18 minutes ago, Stan said:

considering this is a derby, they've just seen their team slump to a 5-0 defeat, they're angry, they're incensed. It's not that ridiculous considering they were provoked by Fekir's celebration. 

It'd be like Kane scoring a hat-trick against Arsenal, running over to Arsenal fans, whipping out an Arsenal shirt and taking a huge steaming shit all over it. Would that not piss you off so much to the point you'd want to chop his block (and cock, probably) off?

xD That's not what Fekir did though...

And I'm not saying it's not understandable for them to be pissed off, I'm saying they don't get to invade the pitch because some guy showed them his shirt. It'd be like if Liverpool fans invaded the pitch when Gary Neville was being a dick in front of them.

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Dan said:

Second battering Marseille have dished out in three days.

Ha! I doubt we’ll see Evra again anytime soon in a a Marseille shirt. He’s been told to fuck off by our fans and Garcia. 

8 minutes ago, Batard said:

Ha! I doubt we’ll see Evra again anytime soon in a a Marseille shirt. He’s been told to fuck off by our fans and Garcia. 

Is it known exactly what it was that was said to him for that reaction yet?  As far as I know from what I've read on L'Équipe, all it was was criticism from that fan.  Obviously that "fan" probably used unorthodox language, but that there was no racism.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Is it known exactly what it was that was said to him for that reaction yet?  As far as I know from what I've read on L'Équipe, all it was was criticism from that fan.  Obviously that "fan" probably used unorthodox language, but that there was no racism.

how can we be so sure?

He may have heard things that other fans didn't? Not exactly a quiet arena! Or a street where you can get snippets of people's conversations if you're around them etc.

Apparently Evra has a hearing later this week with UEFA and Marseille head honchos about his interpretation of events.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

how can we be so sure?

He may have heard things that other fans didn't? Not exactly a quiet arena! Or a street where you can get snippets of people's conversations if you're around them etc.

Apparently Evra has a hearing later this week with UEFA and Marseille head honchos about his interpretation of events.

Indeed...  I read originally when it occurred that eye witnesses around (including Portuguese fans) said that the guy was abusive but never racist...  He apparently called him a donkey, a free-loader and a hoax (amongst swearing).  Like I said, if there was no racism or anything of the sort, I don't understand the reaction.  Evra has always been visceral throughout his career and a bullshitter too!  Very overreactive and very sensitive for someone that played in an another manner.  Maybe he should've taken up a career in the Selfridges make-up lounge or promoting perfume for Christmas shoppers.

It's unusual for fans to shout abuse at football stadiums and the poor lad must've been shocked at the novelty.

On 11/6/2017 at 10:25 AM, SirBalon said:

Indeed...  I read originally when it occurred that eye witnesses around (including Portuguese fans) said that the guy was abusive but never racist...  He apparently called him a donkey, a free-loader and a hoax (amongst swearing).  Like I said, if there was no racism or anything of the sort, I don't understand the reaction.  Evra has always been visceral throughout his career and a bullshitter too!  Very overreactive and very sensitive for someone that played in an another manner.  Maybe he should've taken up a career in the Selfridges make-up lounge or promoting perfume for Christmas shoppers.

It's unusual for fans to shout abuse at football stadiums and the poor lad must've been shocked at the novelty.

Evra is a joke, them stupid videos he does, I mean he is 36 years old!  

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator
2 hours ago, ...Dan said:

What's happened to Nice? 3-0 down after half an hour at home.against Lyon, and down in 17th as it stands.

Flash in the pan with too many egos 

Archived