Asian Cup 2019

football forum

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Azeem said:

No worries for us since we opened to China when no one did 

I'm not sure that is going to be important if they own most of the infrastructure and the country is heavily indebted to them...

Anyway let's get back to football instead.

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

I'm not sure that is going to be important if they own most of the infrastructure and the country is heavily indebted to them...

Anyway let's get back to football instead.

And China is morally indebted to us 

Those ungrateful bastards 

1 hour ago, Azeem said:

Iran lost a famous KO game against China in the Asian Cup in 2004 with the likes of Ali Karimi and Daei on the team it was a shock result.

Bet Iran will have fear of that happening again

It's like Argentina with Colombia. They once lost 5-0 at home to Colombia in the 1993 qualifiers (the team with Valderrama, Asprilla, Tren Valencia, etc) and since then Argentina is scared to death that they'll do it again xD

Same story with Bolivia to be honest. Argentina isn't so much scared of them but more the Bolivians always fill up that fixture as they always think they'll repeat it. I say Bolivia winning 6-1 again is more likely than Colombia winning 5-0 away.

• Subscriber

Looking at yesterday's games, no one is going to have an easy time in this tournament and I still think the Japanese will overcome the Saudi's in their encounter. Going with Japan 2 - Saudia Arabia 0

Correct me if I'm wrong but Saudi Arabia were the smallest team in the World Cup no?

Japan have done fuck all but one corner, they use their height advantage and take the lead. Pizzi really needs to learn that just having the ball doesn't win you games.

Pizzi has not learned anything from the World Cup has he? He's literally deploying the same tactics he used against Russia. The players aren't playing to their strengths and the full backs are pushing high up the pitch with no cover, making them so vurnerable to the counter.

If Saudi Arabia lose tonight he's going to get the sack I reckon.

6 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Why do I have this feeling that Australia are going to win this late.

Because they've been the better side.

That's not saying much though, still rubbish.

Worst game I've seen so far in this Asian Cup. Luckily for me it's 11 AM, for Australians though enduring this at past midnight, I am so sorry.

It had to be Australia.

Archived