talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Asian Cup 2019

football forum

I know I'm not the only one who thought Qatar would knock out South Korea. Yet everyone is making this out as some big shock and whatnot, but Korea have been garbage all tournament. Qatar have yet to concede a goal and have the top scorer of the tournament. Not very surprising at all...

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Blue said:

I know I'm not the only one who thought Qatar would knock out South Korea. Yet everyone is making this out as some big shock and whatnot, but Korea have been garbage all tournament. Qatar have yet to concede a goal and have the top scorer of the tournament. Not very surprising at all...

Did you predict Qatar would pull off this shocker against Korea? 

Just now, Toinho said:

Wow. Had a nap and saw Qatar won. Hope we beat UAE but we rubbish. 

The lineup you put out is very risky. 4 forwards and only 1 defensive minded midfielder (Milligan). I'd imagine Irvine will go up to attack.

Interesting to see this approach from Arnie.

Australia's best performance in the tournament so far. A bit vurnerable on the counter but they are well edging this.

Classic Australia looking much more motivated in big games!

Going forward hasn’t been too bad but yeah defensively crikey! UAE should’ve scored just before halftime. So far though am enjoying this way better than the Uzbek game. 1am though. Beer in fridge will help this. 

Couldn't see the last 30 minutes but Australia did strike me as being very vurnerable on the counter attack. No surprise they lost base on how the game was going, because really it was a coin toss.

It's Irans to lose now.

6 minutes ago, Blue said:

Couldn't see the last 30 minutes but Australia did strike me as being very vurnerable on the counter attack. No surprise they lost base on how the game was going, because really it was a coin toss.

It's Irans to lose now.

You didn’t even see the last 30 minutes. Until then would say we looked fairly comfortable creating more chances. Granted they had a good one before half time but that was it. 

Maybe you should’ve kept watching as it seems we played better when you did! You wanker! 

2 minutes ago, Toinho said:

You didn’t even see the last 30 minutes. Until then would say we looked fairly comfortable creating more chances. Granted they had a good one before half time but that was it. 

Maybe you should’ve kept watching as it seems we played better when you did! You wanker! 

Was meeting up with a bird. I was willing to miss the last 30 xD

• Subscriber

Well isn't that nice. Australia and South Korea out and Qatar and the UAE advance. I hope neither of these touch the cup in the end because now I'd really like to see Iran lift it. I'd prefer a Japanese win but the way they've been playing I can't see them winning it unless someone kicks them up their backsides. Either ways, the winner of that semi-final is taking the cup home.

"Australian soccer, the gift that keeps on giving. Bunch of pretenders more worried about their haircuts and tattoos. Competing in the weakest region and still try to sell to the public that qualifying for a World Cup is an achievement when it’s practically by default. Our women’s team is world class because they have a crack while these blokes trot out like they are actually good because they have a contract warming the bench in the 2nd division in Europe somewhere. What a beautiful way to wake up on Australia Day to this news, might watch some AFL to celebrate our national day with our national sport, Pity we couldn’t defend the Asian cup, hopefully whogivesafuckistan or the people’s republic of nowhere can take home the most irrelevant prize in world sport this year."

Top comment on facebook. This guy knows.

Archived