talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Douglas Costa Joins Juventus

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

From what I have seen he has been kind of hit and miss with his performances for them. I don't think he's anywhere close to what he was at Bayern when we first saw him.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Mel81x said:

From what I have seen he has been kind of hit and miss with his performances for them. I don't think he's anywhere close to what he was at Bayern when we first saw him.

If the guy can stay motivated like he was that first season with us hes a difference maker on the pitch, seems to be a big If though.

30 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Whilst I think he's a brilliant player i do find this relationship between Bayern and Juventus where they loan each other World Class players weird.

So from my understanding this deal was a loan with an obligation to buy. Just a way to delay payment more or less.

4 hours ago, Mel81x said:

He had a slow start but he's been great for the second part of the season, mf is a racing car.

12 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

If the guy can stay motivated like he was that first season with us hes a difference maker on the pitch, seems to be a big If though.

So from my understanding this deal was a loan with an obligation to buy. Just a way to delay payment more or less.

It was not, it had an option to buy but not an obligation, there were even rumours of UTD wanting to pay 80M Euros for him if Juve didn't buy him.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Berserker said:

He had a slow start but he's been great for the second part of the season, mf is a racing car.

It was not, it had an option to buy but not an obligation, there were even rumours of UTD wanting to pay 80M Euros for him if Juve didn't buy him.

Yeah its interesting reading back now I see nothing confirming it was an obligation but it was a highly debated topic when the loan deal came together. More then one quote from KHR saying he will definitely be sold this summer from before christmas of last year. Maybe its the Benatia deal Im just thinking of that was structured that way.

Archived