• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, nudge said:

Ottoman, Persian, Mughal? 

Correct.

Persia under Safavid rule, Mughals in India and the Ottomons

Wikipedia 

The Gunpowder Empires were the Ottoman, Safavid and Mughal empires. Each of these three empires had considerable military success using the newly developed firearms, especially cannon and small arms, in the course of their empires, but unlike Europe for example, the introduction of the gunpowder weapons prompted changes well beyond simply army organization.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Berserker said:

Hmm, i wasn't even aware of the existence of the Moghul Empire, well done @nudge.

It was not properly covered in our history classes at school (other than a quick topic overview) but I did a lot of translation work when I was younger and once had a whole series of articles about the Mughal Empire to translate; at least 15-20 pages I think; all with beautiful illustrations. Made good money on it too haha.

Anyway... next question: What is the largest tyre manufacturer in the world?

Just now, nudge said:

It was not properly covered in our history classes at school (other than a quick topic overview) but I did a lot of translation work when I was younger and once had a whole series of articles about the Mughal Empire to translate; at least 15-20 pages I think; all with beautiful illustrations. Made good money on it too haha.

Neither here, nor did most of the Asian ones.

Bridgestone.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, nudge said:

I watched a Lego-building programme on TV a few weeks ago and saw this fact...

It's Lego :D 

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived