talkfootball365
  • Welcome!

Tired of Kevins and Karens on Facebook and other social media platforms?

Our forum is completely focused on football and moderated to keep discussions civil. Sound good? Sign up!

Jack Hobbs Signs for Bolton

@StefBWFC

I remember him at Liverpool and people saying he was shoe on to play for England. Then again, I'm pretty sure people were saying the same things about Jay Spearing and Connor Coady.

He was impressive when he took a step back to Leicester I seem to recall ( @Stan @Dan ). He seems to have somewhat stagnated at Forest over the last four to five years and never pushed on. Shame really as there was a couple of players at Forest like himself, Lansbury, Cohen, Blackstock etc who could have gone on to be Premier League players.

Anyways, I'm sure he will make a positive contribution to Bolton staying in this division. Any big contributions in regards to helping them push up the table would be a bonus.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yep, one of my favourite players in that group we had when in League One. Can't believe that was 10 years ago :o 

He was solid and steady, though. Won a Players Player or Supporters Player in his first Championship season with us. I really liked him but got to a point where we had to upgrade, or look to do so, with new money at the club and Sven wanting to spend.

Last season showed the gulf in athleticism between the Championship and League One. Mark Beevers and David Wheater truly bossed League One, tightest defence in the division, never looked like conceding. Then, last year, they were demolished by any form of pace. It was vital that we got some replacements in who are younger, quicker, and have plenty of Championship experience.

I think this will be a very good signing for us - we have no designs on anything other than maybe safety by early April, so Hobbs is probably more than capable, and a potential leading light. I think it's a great bit of business, I hope I'm right!