talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Paul Pogba - Returning to Juventus? Or Joining Barcelona?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Kovacic literally turned down United for us. Can't help but think Mourinho played a big part in that. 

It was due to Mourinho confirmed. In this particular case there's no doubt whatsoever. 

• Subscriber
19 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

That CB from Barca also turned them down for the blueshites 

I think that was more down to first team football, though there was the odd mumbling about how he didn't want to play for Mourinho after he along with all of the other new signings were at pains to let us know that Silva was a key factor in him choosing Everton.

It was Boateng who was widely reported to have turned down a move to United, which he would have otherwise been interested in, because he didnt want to play for Mourinho. 

There is something to this situation, I genuinely think there is, even if there is an element of media narrative and non-United fans wanting to have a dig at them.

They discussed on the Sunday Supplement this dynamic between Pogba and Mourinho, and they came to the conclusion that Pogba is probably worth more to the club than Mourinho is. Sky broadcast an awful lot of bad shite but Sunday Supplement can be vaguely insightful, and I think they're absolutely right. I have a problem with player power, but thats a separate issue. Pogba wouldn't have come out with those comments about what he can and can't say if he didn't think he could get away with it. Raiola is very savvy and will have a hand in all of this too.

I think it will rumble on throughout the season, and it'll do so publicly because Mourinho can't help himself. These links to Pogba leaving might serve as the final leverage, and see Manchester United go into the new season with a different manager, be it Poch or another "new type" of manager in the Klopp/Pep mould which will see some more positive PR for the club and players seeing it as a great team to come and play for again. 

Players turning down the chance to play for Manchester United is unheard of. I don't put much faith in what you hear from official sources, especially with Mourinho who loves to build that siege mentality, but when you've got players turning down a move to Old Trafford, that tells me that they've probably sounded out people they know in that dressing room and not heard good things.

This is probably the beginning of the long goodbye for Mourinho, almost certainly at Manchester United, but possibly even for club football at large. The game seems to have moved beyond him at last, unless he turns up and wins the league or Champions League this season and proves everyone wrong again.

I know there were a few United fans who wanted to get rid of Pogba in favor of SMS. 

Sorry, but regardless of who is playing there, no one will shine. Don't even think Prime Lampard or Sneijder would of done well under Mourinho's current state. 

Adamant that the 5-0 thrashing from Barca changed him. 

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived