talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kristho's Schland! - Off Topic

4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Same. I used to have nightmares about Tornados back in the day. 

We don't really get things like that here... a few chairs get blown over and the recycle bins get pushed down the street in high winds but that's about it.. maybe the odd tree, fence or scaffolding when it's really bad

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

We don't really get things like that here... a few chairs get blown over and the recycle bins get pushed down the street in high winds but that's about it.. maybe the odd tree, fence or scaffolding when it's really bad

We didn't get those here either until 3-4 years ago :( Not a good trend.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

We didn't get those here either until 3-4 years ago :( Not a good trend.

Climate change... it will be the undoing of us all in the end.. Nature fighting back

They had giant hailstones coming down in the Sydney storms.. it's 2012 only a bit later than predicted.. we are getting battered by high winds this week as well as it goes.. 

The hailstones and some damage caused (@EmilyC_OBrien/Twitter)

• Sad 1

• Subscriber

The weirdest one for me was experiencing an earthquake in 2004; not that strong (5 in Richter scale I think) but enough for things to visibly shake and fall down etc. Very surreal when you're living in the area which is pretty much sheltered from natural disasters and has close to none seismic activity; you certainly don't expect an earthquake to happen xD 

32 minutes ago, nudge said:

The weirdest one for me was experiencing an earthquake in 2004; not that strong (5 in Richter scale I think) but enough for things to visibly shake and fall down etc. Very surreal when you're living in the area which is pretty much sheltered from natural disasters and has close to none seismic activity; you certainly don't expect an earthquake to happen xD 

I should imagine that it was quite unnerving... 

I remember experiencing an earthquake when I was 7 years old. It was 5.9 I think. It was in the middle of the night and I was just confused as fuck. I remember my dad came into my room to get me, and everything in the living room was shaking. Very surreal. 

edit: There it is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_Roermond_earthquake

21 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I remember experiencing an earthquake when I was 7 years old. It was 5.9 I think. It was in the middle of the night and I was just confused as fuck. I remember my dad came into my room to get me, and everything in the living room was shaking. Very surreal. 

edit: There it is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_Roermond_earthquake

I think although it does have that 'coolness' factor if never experienced before I would have a lot of concern about having quakes in an area not well known for having quakes.. xD