Crystal Palace 2-2 Bournemouth
Bournemouth 0-2 Crystal Palace
Crystal Palace 1-1 Bournemouth
Crystal Palace 1-2 Bournemouth

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 27/09/2018 at 15:06, SchalkeUK said:

Following last week's games and the fact that hopefully Max will be starting his full Premier League Game, this could be another 3 points for Roy and the Gang.  will be watching on Monday!

I would start him. His impact in the last couple of games has been telling. 

It will be difficult for him, he will be going up against one of the most low key despicable cheating teams in Premier League histort, but Roy has a responsibility to figure out how we can get the best out of Meyer and Riedewald who haven't out a foot wrong so far.

I expect Zaha to get fouled, a week ref, Bournemouth to score a well worked goal, and a close game that's likely to be a drawn 

• Administrator

Goal Bournemouth!
Wilson lays it off for Brooks who curls a left-footed shot in off the bar from the edge of the box.

They've started much brighter and pressure pays off. 

• Administrator

Bloody hell what a goal by Van Aanholt. Right-footed half-volley. Fortunate in how Zaha got the ball back after hitting a pass in to his own team-mate.

Far too powerful shot by Van Aanholt though. Looked offside so one missed by the lino there.

• Administrator

Hennessey just made 2 massive saves to keep Palace in the game. One from Wilson who should have really scored, and then from a Gosling header shortly after.

• Subscriber

Probably the most Bournemouth performance I've seen. Field a load of fast but otherwise limited British attacking players, get played off the park by a superior football team, benefit from an inexplicable brain fart from an opposition player, win with a late penalty. Okay Palaces goal was apparently offside but I can't stand Bournemouth so shut the fuck up.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Probably the most Bournemouth performance I've seen. Field a load of fast but otherwise limited British attacking players, get played off the park by a superior football team, benefit from an inexplicable brain fart from an opposition player, win with a late penalty. Okay Palaces goal was apparently offside but I can't stand Bournemouth so shut the fuck up.

eh? did you see the first half? I think even Palace fans would admit they were dire. They were the ones played off the park, if anything. 2nd half was an improvement but apart from the goal, what did they create? Zaha was quiet today when in this kind of game you'd expect him to shine.

• The title was changed to Bournemouth 2-1 Crystal Palace - Monday 1st October
  • Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Stan said:

eh? did you see the first half? I think even Palace fans would admit they were dire. They were the ones played off the park, if anything. 2nd half was an improvement but apart from the goal, what did they create? Zaha was quiet today when in this kind of game you'd expect him to shine.

Everyone knows that the second half counts twice as much as the first half when you don't like one of the two teams and it suits your agenda.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Everyone knows that the second half counts twice as much as the first half when you don't like one of the two teams and it suits your agenda.

:D 

Just got home. 

Firstly, credit where it's due. The distance that Bournemouth team covered along with their closing down for most of the game was impressive. You could see very early on they were up for this and we were going to have to be very focused to get anything.

To lose very late on was gutting, but several times this season Sakho has done clumsy shit in the area. He should have given away penalties against Fulham and Huddersfield, and has given away penalties against Liverpool and Bournemouth. Just don't do it.

The behaviour of some of our players frustrated me too. Wilf and Townsend in particular may as well not have bothered playing. Wilf jusy kept slipping over all the time. Whilst it's all good getting angry about Bournemouths off the ball tactics, at least make sure you are better than them on the ball before moaning about it. 

I have a bad feeling about Wolves this weekend and the fixture list is getting tougher. Our failures against the likes of Southampton, Bournemouth and Newcastle is going to be rather telling come Christmas time.

25 minutes ago, Stan said:

Crystal Palace hero, Frank De Boer. 

He was definitely  a legend. Was he telling Hodson how to manage? :D

• The topic was unpinned

Archived