talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Alpine F1 Team

football forum

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Eco said:

Any updates on who will be replacing Ricciardo? 

I pray it's either Zhou or Gasly, anyone else would be a let down for me. 

I think Renault have said they're going to wait til this season finishes before deciding.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Eco said:

..yay...

Still think Zhou is the way to go for Renault.

The problem with Zhou is his lack of super license. I think he needs to finish 4th or better in F2 this season to secure it, and with it being a shortened season, Renault might not be willing to wait and see if it happens... 

Just now, nudge said:

The problem with Zhou is his lack of super license. I think he needs to finish 4th or better in F2 this season to secure it, and with it being a shortened season, Renault might not be willing to wait and see if it happens... 

Yeah, I forget you have to have a special license for this. I need to look up the rules for getting this.

Okay, so here are the ways to get the Super License.

1. A minimum age of 18
  2. An existing holder of an International Grade A competition licence
  3. A holder of a full and valid road car driving licence for the country listed as the driver's nationality which has not been suspended, withdrawn, revoked, or in any other way prevents the holder from driving a motor car on public roads.
  4. Passing of an FIA theory test on knowledge of the F1 sporting codes and regulations.
  5. Completed at least 80% of each of two full seasons of any of the single-seater Championships reported in Supplement 1 of the regulations
  6. Accumulated at least 40 points over the previous three seasons in any combination of the championships reported in Supplement 1 of the regulations

Since F2 and F3 account for #6, he should be as he has 22 points from F2 last year, and then 30 points from F3 the year before.

Am I missing something?

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Eco said:

Yeah, I forget you have to have a special license for this. I need to look up the rules for getting this.

The main requirement for it is having accumulated 40 points in the last three seasons, different championships have different points allocation. Once a driver has 40 points and applies for the license, he then can simply renew it every year, regardless of results.

Super license points is actually the Python side project I'm working on currently... Basically just trying to write a script which would scrap every driver's achievements in the past three years from the web sources, and then automatically calculate their points based on FIA regulations, in order to see if a driver is eligible for the super license. Because looking it up and calculating it manually sucks, haha! 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Eco said:

Since F2 and F3 account for #6, he should be as he has 22 points from F2 last year, and then 30 points from F3 the year before.

Huh? 22 points from F2 last year and 30 points from F3 on 2018? He finished 7th and 8th respectively... 

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Huh? 22 points from F2 last year and 30 points from F3 on 2018? He finished 7th and 8th respectively... 

Sorry, I was looking at the wrong thing.

I show Zhou in 2019 getting 140 points and finishing 7th, in 2018 he finished 8th with 203 points.

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Eco said:

Sorry, I was looking at the wrong thing.

I show Zhou in 2019 getting 140 points and finishing 7th, in 2018 he finished 8th with 203 points.

Yes, but those points doesn't matter - FIA allocates super license points based on the driver's final position in the championship standings.

K222hmY.png

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Yes, but those points doesn't matter - FIA allocates super license points based on the driver's final position in the championship standings. 

K222hmY.png

That is what I was missing.

Good luck on your python automation. That seems like a headache trying to decipher each driver.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • The title was changed to Alpine F1 Team
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived