talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Round 03: China

football forum

9 minutes ago, nudge said:

Nothing to do with annoying Max, everyone was just too slow and the time for Q3 was ticking out. They had only 10 seconds or so left to start their flying laps and most of the drivers got informed by their engineers to speed up. Hence why Seb overtook both Haas, both Renaults and then Max to make it on time. Some drivers didn't get the heads up from their teams on time; Red Bull was too late with that, same with Haas who were going for their one and only run in Q3 but ran out of time.

Yeah - I wasnt suggesting that Sebs tried to annoy Max, but certainly drivers know that you can play, and win the mind games against Max since he has shown to lose his cool time and time again.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
2 minutes ago, MUFC said:

What do you think his state of mind will be going into the race? Turns 1 and 2 I would stay clear of him from the start, especially if he doesn't clear his head over night.

He cooled off after a while today already once he realised that everyone went a bit too late and he wasn't unaware that there was so little time left; and that even if he had started his lap it would have been a slow one due to all the dirty air from the cars in front. He's a hothead but I don't think this will have any impact on tomorrow's race.

Just now, nudge said:

He cooled off after a while today already once he realised that everyone went a bit too late and he wasn't unaware that there was so little time left; and that even if he had started his lap it would have been a slow one due to all the dirty air from the cars in front. He's a hothead but I don't think this will have any impact on tomorrow's race.

Hope he is calm, don't know what really happened properly. Watched it on Sky go, it started freezing during Q3 lol.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Eco said:

Yeah - I wasnt suggesting that Sebs tried to annoy Max, but certainly drivers know that you can play, and win the mind games against Max since he has shown to lose his cool time and time again.

Playing mind games against Max is very risky though as you might end up in the gravel yourself xD  

1 minute ago, Eco said:

Or dead the next day. Dude is seriously mental.

Sounds like you picked up on the overdramatic vibe from the Netflix Series :4_joy:

That's why I usually hate American produced shows. Just looke a Gordon Ramsay's kitchen nightmares. The British version is so good, reasonable and entertaining. The American version is just weird sound effects, over-dramatic music and artificial scripted "plot-twists". I really hope the 2nd season of Drive to Survive will be less like that. 

That's what I mean:

xD

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Hope he is calm, don't know what really happened properly. Watched it on Sky go, it started freezing during Q3 lol.

Hamilton left the pits for his second run and was driving somewhat slow and that held everyone up (not saying it's his fault by the way before someone suggests that haha), the rest of the teams sent their drivers out all at once just behind the Mercedes, everyone was trying to keep a bit of space and ran out of time. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Surprised to see McLaren so low down, what happened there?!

McLaren said after Bahrain not to get carried away as their car is just not suited for the Shanghai kind of track and they expect to be struggling in other "front limited" tracks until the new upgrade as well. 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Tommy said:

y0soxqz1r0s21.jpg

Haha, so casual. 

It's funny though how during the last race weekend Grosjean got penalised for blocking Norris in Q1 but everyone was blaming Vettel for causing it as he overtook Grosjean just before the last corner.

Norris: "We try to respect each other in terms of you've got a car ahead, you don't overtake them into the final corner like Magnussen and Fernando in Monza last year as you ruin both of your qualifying laps."

Grosjean: "I think it's Vettel that made a mess. He didn't respect the unwritten rule that you don't overtake before the last corner."

But now that it happens and Max is involved then this unwritten rule suddenly disappears :ph34r:

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Max and Ricciardo still get along well off the track despite of what that Netflix show tries to tell you xD 

If that's true, it's only because Ricciardo is a saint. 

Netflix told me so.

• Subscriber

Seriously though, I think you will find very few true friendships in the paddock these days and that's not surprising given all the politics and competitiveness and whatnot. 

Max, Ricciardo and Massa all used to be neighbours and get along really well; used to share the same private jet to go to races and spend time together off track as well.
The same applies to Gasly, Leclerc and Vandoorne.
Vettel and Kimi have a very good relationship.
Ocon and Stroll are friends, apparently.

Probably a few more but most of it is just getting along well instead of being friends, I think.

Yeah - with all the competitiveness of having an elite sport, with only 20 drivers, means the stakes are so high, especially for those that didn't get in their seats because of family money or what country you're from. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I think there are a few acquaintances in a sport filled with enemies. 

Yeah, F1 kind of brings it into extreme, doesn't it... I remember how surprised Alonso was with the easy going, friendlier atmosphere in WEC and Indy. 

Archived