Round 03: China

football forum

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
4 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Lewis to start the race on the mediums? 

Both Ferraris, both Mercedes and Max will start on mediums. The rest in top 10 on soft. 

Kimi lost power on the last straight and is out in P13 :(

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Both Ferraris, both Mercedes and Max will start on mediums. The rest in top 10 on soft. 

Kimi lost power on the last straight and is out in P13 :(

Ah right, I see they backed off on the second run in Q2.

Oh Lewis.

• Subscriber

Verstappen is such an utter cunt. As if he wouldn't do the exact same as what Vettel did there if it suited him then he's so busy losing his temper and blaming the world for his problems he ruins the start of his teammate's lap.

Anyway, nice work Valtteri.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Verstappen is such an utter cunt. As if he wouldn't do the exact same as what Vettel did there if it suited him then he's so busy losing his temper and blaming the world for his problems he ruins the start of his teammate's lap.

Anyway, nice work Valtteri.

Wait. What happened? Did I miss something? :o 

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

What did Max do? 

Seb overtook him in the warm up lap for his final run in Q3, then Max slowed down to create a gap and the two Renaults passed him as well. Then he whined about how unfair it was and talked about gentlemen agreements. 

• Subscriber

In the end it's all Lewis fault for bunching up the whole pack anyway :ph34r: 

Everyone just did what they could to save their last run and Max is just upset that he missed out on it. Also it seems that some teams failed to inform their drivers that the time was running out.

Weird qualifying in general. No surprises really, Mercedes ahead with Ferrari trailing a bit. RB looks better than they did in Bahrain and Melbourne. Well Max at least, as Gasly is well and truly disappointing. Sauber seem to be plagued by technical issues so far this weekend, hope they can sort it out for the race. With plenty of overtaking opportunities, Kimi should still make it into points if the car performs as expected. 

Drivers are going to realize that if they just annoy Max a little bit, he'll lose his temper and focus. Easy strategy there and not one I think Sebs was trying for, but it still worked. 

I love the announcer saying that Max will likely go and talk to Sebs about it...Haha I would love to see that. Total ass clown.

Qualifying ended as most people seemed to expect. Mercedes, Ferarri, RB. 

Glad to see Riccardo start ahead of Niko.

With Haas not participating in Q3, my only idea is that they were just happy to have both drivers in the top half?

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Eco said:

Drivers are going to realize that if they just annoy Max a little bit, he'll lose his temper and focus. Easy strategy there and not one I think Sebs was trying for, but it still worked. 

With Haas not participating in Q3, my only idea is that they were just happy to have both drivers in the top half?

Nothing to do with annoying Max, everyone was just too slow and the time for Q3 was ticking out. They had only 10 seconds or so left to start their flying laps and most of the drivers got informed by their engineers to speed up. Hence why Seb overtook both Haas, both Renaults and then Max to make it on time. Some drivers didn't get the heads up from their teams on time; Red Bull was too late with that, same with Haas who were going for their one and only run in Q3 but ran out of time.

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Nothing to do with annoying Max, everyone was just too slow and the time for Q3 was ticking out. They had only 10 seconds or so left to start their flying laps and most of the drivers got informed by their engineers to speed up. Hence why Seb overtook both Haas, both Renaults and then Max to make it on time. Some drivers didn't get the heads up from their teams on time; Red Bull was too late with that, same with Haas who were going for their one and only run in Q3 but ran out of time.

What do you think his state of mind will be going into the race? Turns 1 and 2 I would stay clear of him from the start, especially if he doesn't clear his head over night.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived