talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

NFL 2019/2020

football forum

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cannot believe the Niners are 7-0. In the short time I’ve been a fan of them they’ve mostly just been dogshit.

Joey Bosa is 100% defensive rookie of the year. The impact he’s made has been ridiculous.

And what a difference having a WR that can consistently catch the ball made for that offense. Kittle is still the main man in the passing game, and the talented RBs are still the main men driving the offense. But suddenly having 2 pass catching threats makes us much harder to deal with.

AND this is without the 2 best offensive linemen on the team playing. The passing and running should only get better if everyone stays healthy once those two are back. Although staying healthy is a big ask in the NFL - these men truly give their bodies up for the sport.

12 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I cannot believe the Niners are 7-0. In the short time I’ve been a fan of them they’ve mostly just been dogshit.

Joey Bosa is 100% defensive rookie of the year. The impact he’s made has been ridiculous.

And what a difference having a WR that can consistently catch the ball made for that offense. Kittle is still the main man in the passing game, and the talented RBs are still the main men driving the offense. But suddenly having 2 pass catching threats makes us much harder to deal with.

AND this is without the 2 best offensive linemen on the team playing. The passing and running should only get better if everyone stays healthy once those two are back. Although staying healthy is a big ask in the NFL - these men truly give their bodies up for the sport.

The NFL players still give up a lot but it's nothing compare to what it used to be.. the revenue by the NFL keeps going up and up and at the same time, more rules to protect the "key positions" especially QBs. When I started watching they were still using RBs and FBs. I can't think of the name of the camp, but Google Bear Bryant's Texas a&m football camps..

• Administrator
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think the Falcons didn't play this week - it was the Tampa Bay team. I forget their team name though.

But @Teso dos Bichos's Russel Wilson had a massive performance. Absolutely decimated my fantasy team tbh xD

Oops Buccs not Falcons. Only saw a quick glance at the score and thought I saw Falcons logo xD 

Just now, Teso dos Bichos said:

Yeah @Dr. Gonzo Russell Wilson showed why he should be the front runner for the mvp...  the Seahawks and niners will be tough to beat come playoff time. I got KC vs Seahawks for the super bowl right now

MNF next week will be a tasty matchup. Wilson is a fucking absolute beast and now he's got Josh Gordon as well - on top of an already really talented crop of wide receivers.

Is the game in Seattle?

It's funny because the Niners and Seahawks are massive rivals right... but because I'm pretty new to American football and my team hasn't really been that good up until now lol, I've always kind of liked the Seahawks because Russel Wilson is fun to watch and they seem to always be a competitive side that has had some really impressive wins in the time I've been watching xD - my wife hates that I sort of like them

1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

Thoughts on Lamar Jackson? Think he’ll just be another flash like Cam.

He looks really impressive... but I have no idea how long he'll last or if it's a flash in the pan. Everyone compares him to Michael Vick - who's before my time watching the sport. So I have no idea if that comparison is accurate.

I hope he has a good long career, because running QBs are fun to watch. And anyone who puts in that sort of performance against the Patriots has to be pretty fucking good at the sport.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He looks really impressive... but I have no idea how long he'll last or if it's a flash in the pan. Everyone compares him to Michael Vick - who's before my time watching the sport. So I have no idea if that comparison is accurate.

I hope he has a good long career, because running QBs are fun to watch. And anyone who puts in that sort of performance against the Patriots has to be pretty fucking good at the sport.

Vick was outstanding before the whole dog thing. Never seen an athlete move or throw like him since. He was literally winning games on his own.

Cam Newton’s been placed on IR. He hasn’t played for a while now and was expected back pretty soon - so that’s surprising news.

In other news, the Browns cut Whitehead because he was threatening to kill fans who were criticising him on Twitter xD

• Administrator

Dean Spanos ruled it out.

I'd honestly hate if that happened. The Chargers used to be my favourite team because... well, they were the local team where I've spent most of my time in the US & as a result most of my friends here were Chargers fans. Now the Chargers are absolutely fucking hated here... and for them to try to push the Chargers on English fans would be too annoying for words.

The Chargers deserve no fans at all.

On 05/11/2019 at 23:25, Dr. Gonzo said:

Dean Spanos ruled it out.

I'd honestly hate if that happened. The Chargers used to be my favourite team because... well, they were the local team where I've spent most of my time in the US & as a result most of my friends here were Chargers fans. Now the Chargers are absolutely fucking hated here... and for them to try to push the Chargers on English fans would be too annoying for words.

The Chargers deserve no fans at all.

This. They were loved in San Diego, but never got the financial backing for the new stadium. I’ve still got my Tomlinson shirt hung up in the wardrobe, even though I’m a Vikes fan. I hate LA franchises in general, including the Rams. I just can’t get my head round how teams can just move. Oakland have been fucked over as well on several occasions as you will well know.0

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

What a game. Shame the niners lost though 

Wish I could have watched that. Seemed like a cracking game with a tense finish especially with niners missing a field goal in OT. 

Archived