talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Round 06: Monaco

football forum

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Eco said:

Loved to see Gio get some points this weekend though...

Hope Sauber manages to have a better overall weekend than the one in Barcelona last time... The car was not really competitive at any stage and was performing poorly; it's concerning.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 4-8 spots in the constructor series is great entertainment. While I'd like to see Haas do well because they are American and have Danny, I much prefer Alfa Romeo as a car (even though I have been taught that they are in fact not Alfa Romeo engineers or mechanics), and would like to see Gio get off the 0 he is sitting on. 

• Subscriber

D7Ps0nSXYAE4hz7.jpg

Max only 0.059s slower than Lewis in FP1... and fastest overall in sector 3.

D7PnzAEXoAA7_JF.jpg

McLaren having issues with the battery in Sainz's car; he barely managed to put 3 laps in.

• Subscriber

D7QkZqUWsAAX4-3.jpg

Both Mercedes almost 0.8s ahead of the closest Ferrari...

Max had the pace but was forced to return to the pits as there was a suspected water leak on his car.

Sauber looking decent.

Both Haas cars blackflagged :o 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Why were the Haas' black flagged @nudge

Massive comms and IT failure (no radios and telemetry) in the garage; they weren't able to communicate with the drivers so asked the race control to intervene to get the cars back to the pits haha. They were good to go again shortly after.

• Subscriber
47 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

That's fair enough, I thought for a second they might have had some mad illegal part on both cars xD.

Sky speculated it's because of the court case over that stag logo on their cars xD 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

One of my bold predictions before the season started was Leclerc winning in Monaco. Looks like he has an outside chance of putting it on pole, don't think anyone can compete with Mercedes for race pace though, especially in the circumstances. 

Under investigation though for speeding while VSC was in place.

• Subscriber

Sauber and Toro Rosso looking good in all practice sessions; hope it will be the case in qualifying too. 

Still expect Mercedes to dominate. Maybe Max can get between them. It would be class for Leclerc if he managed to end up on the podium but I fully expect Ferrari to screw it all up again.

• Administrator

Vettel hits the barrier. Perez did the same earlier apparently.

It really does fascinate me just how insanely close they get to hitting the barriers without hitting it more often than not though.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived