• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Round 06: Monaco

football forum

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Ironically for Ferrari is that Leclerc probably had the best chance to get on the podium (or win, but slimmer chances of that) over Vettel but the former doesn't even make Q2. Feel sorry for Leclerc, on his home GP too :(

• Administrator

I like that Mercedes have changed their halo colour to red in honour of Niki Lauda. Noticed as well on Hamilton's halo it says 'Niki, we miss you'. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

I like that Mercedes have changed their halo colour to red in honour of Niki Lauda. Noticed as well on Hamilton's halo it says 'Niki, we miss you'. 

Says the same on Bottas halo too! 

• Administrator
Just now, nudge said:

Says the same on Bottas halo too! 

Nice. Wasn't too sure as hadn't seen that yet :).

Leclerc sounds so dejected :( 

• Administrator

Leclerc's not even been given a proper explanation by Ferrari about what happened either (about not being let back out despite plenty of time left).

Hopes for rain and says 'if it's dry it's gonna be boring'. So true.

• Administrator
Just now, Cannabis said:

Had he not locked up and put in a proper lap time this wouldn't have happened. It's a massive mistake for Ferrari but let's not pretend that Leclerc isn't also at fault. 

Get your lap times in early, basic qualifying.

I don't disagree mate. But when your teammate comes in after you and gets given another chance to improve his lap time to ensure you get through to Q2, you're bound to feel aggrieved and want an explanation from your boss.

Apparently there was 90 seconds between Leclerc coming in (after the weigh-bridge thing) and Vettel going back out. Leclerc was kept back because Ferrari thought he was fine. Agree to get lap times in early but it's a huge risk from Ferrari to rest on their laurels with Leclerc and for me that's the bigger issue. 

Lock-ups happen with all drivers so it's more excusable. The strategic ineptitude from Ferrari less so.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived