talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Making Music

football forum

46 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Sounds like you have some nice guitars mate, i love the sound of EMG pups B| ..i play alot of carcass songs on my kv7, got it in B standard so if i ignore the 7th string i also have an E standard tuning too ;)  ..i have the rhoads in C standard to sound like Entombed, my Jackson Warrior will be in D standard when it arrives and my Jackson Performer (from the 90's) is in drop B  ..do you think i like Jacksons? :4_joy: 

Jacksons are probably my favourite guitar... so I think you’ve got good taste!

Is the Performer one of those 90s made in Japans? Those are pretty fucking quality. Honestly sounds and looks like you’ve got some great guitars, pal. 

So C standard is the Entombed tuning? Good to know. I’ve always wanted to learn a shitload of songs off Left Hand Path... especially Revel in Flesh

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Jacksons are probably my favourite guitar... so I think you’ve got good taste!

Is the Performer one of those 90s made in Japans? Those are pretty fucking quality. Honestly sounds and looks like you’ve got some great guitars, pal. 

So C standard is the Entombed tuning? Good to know. I’ve always wanted to learn a shitload of songs off Left Hand Path... especially Revel in Flesh

Oh snap! mine too (if you couldn't guess :4_joy:)  ...yeah, that's the one, i've had it since about 94 so it's a bit banged up but still working fine, you are not wrong about the quality B|  ..yeah early Entombed played in C standard, i like the left hand path album but Clandestine is my favorite and i play all the songs off that mainly, that sound is just so brutal and you can get it for £21 here with a Behringer pedal https://www.amazon.co.uk/behringer-HM300-Behringer-HM-300-Heavy/dp/B001383XS4/ref=asc_df_B001383XS4/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=310786528304&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=6630010252973069498&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9041112&hvtargid=pla-406644750855&psc=1&th=1&psc=1

Just tune your guitar to C standard and set all the dials to max on the pedal and the gates of hell will open before you xD 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, Mpache said:

@Mel81x @Dr. Gonzo I decided to build my own home studio for my vocals.  I'm willing to spend quite a bit on this. I got recommended a certain Audio Interface and a condensed microphone. My worries come from my heater and air conditioning. Any ideas if this will be affected?

That all depends on the interface and more importantly the microphone. Not sure if a condenser mic will shut out ambient sounds completely. But, there are ways depending on the interface and other factors as well. 

• Subscriber
40 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Thanks mate:108_metal: ..what do you have?

Im like an old uncle haha. My music tastes have varied over the years so I've collected quite a lot with a lot of learning in between.

• Yamaha C70 Classical
  • Gretsch Electromatic Jet
  • Yamaha TRBX Bass
  • Fender Precision Bass
  • Fender Jazz Bass
  • Fender Dimension 5 Bass
  • Yamaha Pacifica
  • Fender Telecaster 
  • Fender CV Stratocaster
  • Yamaha APX 500 (This is a very good acoustic to own for plugging into an amp)

Hunting for just to add to guitars I really like and want to own/play

• Ibanez FRM100 TR
  • Ibanez JEM JR or the Blue one with the floral decals and the tree of life in blue on the fretboard
  • ESP Vulture
  • Rickenbacker JetGlo Bass

Waiting for delivery

• An Ibanez Mandolin

The prettiest of them all of course is my Gretsch. That thing is almost vintage looking and I think I posted a pic on here some time ago. 

Edited by Mel81x
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Im like an old uncle haha. My music tastes have varied over the years so I've collected quite a lot with a lot of learning in between.

• Yamaha C70 Classical
  • Gretsch Electromatic Jet
  • Yamaha TRBX Bass
  • Fender Precision Bass
  • Fender Jazz Bass
  • Fender Dimension 5 Bass
  • Yamaha Pacifica
  • Fender Telecaster 
  • Fender CV Stratocaster
  • Yamaha APX 500 (This is a very good acoustic to own for plugging into an amp)

Hunting for just to add to guitars I really like and want to own/play

• Ibanez FRM100 TR
  • Ibanez JEM JR or the Blue one with the floral decals and the tree of life in blue on the fretboard
  • ESP Vulture

Waiting for delivery

• An Ibanez Mandolin

The prettiest of them all of course is my Gretsch. That thing is almost vintage looking and I think I posted a pic on here some time ago. 

Holy fuck, thats alot of guitars 😁 ..nice collection  ..get some pictures up 😎

2 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I've only heard very good things about Audient and how they manage the sound. I think with that kind of setup its just a matter now of learning to use a DAW and you're set.

Yeah, I can't go to my local studio anymore. It's open but there are simply too many cases here at the moment and I don't want to put me or my family at risk. So I figured I may as well make a long term investment and make a home studio. I found a room in my house that cuts most of the AC and heater noise, so that's probably where I will record.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Mpache said:

@Dr. Gonzo @Mel81x Just bought my home studio.

Interface: Audient ID14

Audient iD14 USB Audio Interface | Sweetwater

Microphone: Rode NT1 Black

Rode NT1 Kit Condenser Microphone with SM6 Shock Mount and Pop Filter |  Sweetwater

My microphone stand got here this morning. The rest of it should arrive tomorrow or saturday. Bless Amazon Prime.

Nice, that’s a quality interface. Did it come with a DAW? Are you on Mac or PC?

If you’ve got a Mac, the industry standard is Logic. Expensive, but good to learn how to use if you are serious about it.

On PC, I like Reaper. It’s got a “free trial” period that you can basically keep using forever - but it’s good to pay for good affordable software to keep it accessible, and a license is pretty cheap for how good it is.

Both have fairly steep learning curves imo, but it’s better to work with the more advanced and functional software than the easier stuff like Audacity.

I am totally shit at recording - so @Mel81x can probably give you better info than I can

3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Nice, that’s a quality interface. Did it come with a DAW? Are you on Mac or PC?

If you’ve got a Mac, the industry standard is Logic. Expensive, but good to learn how to use if you are serious about it.

On PC, I like Reaper. It’s got a “free trial” period that you can basically keep using forever - but it’s good to pay for good affordable software to keep it accessible, and a license is pretty cheap for how good it is.

Both have fairly steep learning curves imo, but it’s better to work with the more advanced and functional software than the easier stuff like Audacity.

I am totally shit at recording - so @Mel81x can probably give you better info than I can

Not sure, interface isn't here yet. I have a PC and Reaper, so I'm pretty good on those fronts. I also have FL Studio.

My mic just got here today!

fcb43e91fd20dde2ea291f1bcae54adc.png

• Upvote 1

Fuck sake, Amazon told me the Interface would arrive on Friday latest, with prime and everything, and they changed it now to 5th-14th of February. What a fucking slap to the face. I was looking forward to record soon, but now I have to unexpectedly wait.

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Mpache said:

Not sure, interface isn't here yet. I have a PC and Reaper, so I'm pretty good on those fronts. I also have FL Studio.

My mic just got here today!

fcb43e91fd20dde2ea291f1bcae54adc.png

i like this mic because its quite clear. The only issue with it comes around when you start to want to pad things and do all the rest of those funky Db things that other mics do. But for the price and in its range its very very good. It was a toss up between thing and the AT for me and I chose the AT because the goal was to get a Shure long-term which I now have.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

How’d you soundproof it?

I didn't, the room just happens to be soundproof in my basement, so it doesn't get the air conditioning/heater. Only problem is it doesn't have a door, so I might have to put some blankets over the entrance.

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, Mpache said:

I didn't, the room just happens to be soundproof in my basement, so it doesn't get the air conditioning/heater. Only problem is it doesn't have a door, so I might have to put some blankets over the entrance.

doesnt the NT-1 also come with a metal mesh in the box? Or is that the mesh they are giving now?

• Subscriber

So the Mandolin arrived on Sunday and I spent about 4 hours just trying to figure out how to play it and more importantly how to set it up. After hours of trying I couldn't get it to sound right so I took it to the store this morning and the guy there tells me the bridge (the most important thing on this instrument) has a problem where the strings wont sit right. He then gives me a choice on whether to return it or he can fix it. I figure its a cheap investment but I want to return it as he showed me a very nice Sire Bass in the store an I think adding a bit more funds and getting that has better long-term implications for my music.