Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Haas F1 Team

The whole Rich Energy saga and poor on-track performances this season surely warrant a dedicated topic for Haas :ph34r:

Anyway rumours about Haas firing Grosjean and appointing Ocon are really starting to pick up speed today. 

• Sad 1

Ocon deserves a seat on the grid and beggars can't be choosers, but I hope he doesn't walk into another disaster here as he's already been part of the collateral damage once before in the Force India administration fiasco.

But Haas has Ferrari engines? Would Esteban have to cut his ties with Mercedes before he joins them?

18 hours ago, Tommy said:

But Haas has Ferrari engines? Would Esteban have to cut his ties with Mercedes before he joins them?

They were ready to release him pre-season if that would have helped him to get a seat so I think it's definitely still a possibility.

So they'll drop him after Hockenheim?... :ph34r:

Do you guys think they need to change their driver pairing, or just some team orders will do the trick?

Grossjean needs to go. It's a shame that their are drivers such as Ocon that aren't F1 drivers, whereas Grossjean keeps collecting pay checks. 

I think this entire year has been the bottom for Haas. With Rich Energy, poor performanes, and numerous run ins between drivers, I think they clearly need to change the driver lineup. 

I think they're already past the point where team orders would have helped. Finish the season and change the lineup; there's no way those two will manage to establish a professional working relationship. Grosjean might be a nice guy overall but he's so incident prone; would definitely show him the door and keep Magnussen. 

• Upvote 1

Grosjean appears to be very desperate on track this year. He has his moments but their relationship as team mates is not helping the team right now and because Grosjean especially knows he's probably at risk of losing his seat he's trying too hard to look like the better driver of the two.

I think after the mid season break they should put Ocon in there with Magnussen and see how that goes.

• Upvote 1

Damn - Grosjean did quite well. 

Still not sure he'll have a seat next year though, which is somewhat sad considering he seems talented but mental incapable of keeping it together for long stretches of time, but I'm just not sure where Haas goes next year.