talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL Cup - Third Round Matches - 24-25th September

football forum

16 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Great teams find a way to manage. We didn't become the most successful English club by throwing competitions. 

Man City just won a domestic treble because they are hungry for titles. We were like that, then Man Utd. That's what I want to see again at our club. Go for the lot if the chance presents itself.

You might not be bothered about losing a semi final and that's fine, it's your preference. I'd rather win it and then try and win the trophy.

I'd rather we put everything into the league title challenge and European Cup. A League Cup semi final wouldn't be ideal for this squad because I think it's pretty much accepted that it's not as strong as Man City's and they come at a bad time as I already mentioned. The extra games in January are a killer. Liverpool's form around January time doesn't tend to be great as it is

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I'd rather we put everything into the league title challenge and European Cup. A League Cup semi final wouldn't be ideal for this squad because I think it's pretty much accepted that it's not as strong as Man City's and they come at a bad time as I already mentioned. The extra games in January are a killer. Liverpool's form around January time doesn't tend to be great as it is

Yep, and weve been knocked out of the domestic cups pretty much straight away regardless.

Maybe the momentum would do us good instead of flying off to Abi Dabi every post xmas?

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Yep, and weve been knocked out of the domestic cups pretty much straight away regardless.

Maybe the momentum would do us good instead of flying off to Abi Dabi every post xmas?

Nah I just always think back to 16/17 when we won one league game in about two months after Christmas. Was the year Southampton knocked us out in the semis. Fair enough the squad is stronger now but I'm just desperate for the league. Get that monkey off our back and maybe then we can start thinking about adding it to a league title the following year:91_thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Nah I just always think back to 16/17 when we won one league game in about two months after Christmas. Was the year Southampton knocked us out in the semis. Fair enough the squad is stronger now but I'm just desperate for the league. Get that monkey off our back and maybe then we can start thinking about adding it to a league title the following year:91_thumbsup:

Well yeah I'd settle for that :D

Joke performance but United got through and that is the main thing. This is probably our most realistic chance of a trophy this season, mainly due to the better sides resting players for this competition. We can't afford to do this anymore as our first team are nowhere near as good as our old third strings. I would rather win this trophy than finish fourth as that is just shit. If you don't win the league or get relegated it doesn't really matter where you finish so I hope we start playing stronger sides. We'll have to against Chelsea as they will play a strong side too. I think we should stay up this season so why not have a go for one of the cups (this is the mentality we have to have now as we are a  bang average side with a less than bang average manager)

• The topic was unpinned

Archived