Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

football forum

EFL Cup - Third Round Matches - 24-25th September

Tuesday 24th September, 2019
Arsenal vs Nottm Forest
Colchester vs Tottenham
Crawley vs Stoke
Luton vs Leicester
Portsmouth vs Southampton
Preston vs Man City
Sheff Weds vs Everton
Watford vs Swansea

Wednesday 25th September, 2019
Brighton vs Aston Villa
Burton vs Bournemouth
Chelsea vs Grimsby
Man Utd vs Rochdale, 20.00
MK Dons vs Liverpool
Oxford vs West Ham
Sheff Utd vs Sunderland
Wolves vs Reading

I think we will surprise Chelsea, or at least I'd like to think we will. Not sure how Lampard will approach this one but I know we are going for a full strength side and aiming for that fourth round!

1 hour ago, Pyfish said:

I think we will surprise Chelsea, or at least I'd like to think we will. Not sure how Lampard will approach this one but I know we are going for a full strength side and aiming for that fourth round!

Will be interesting to see what squad he throws out for this one, Should imagine he will not risk anyone that even has a slight sniff of injury and maybe we will get CHO back for this... ever hopeful

No excuses. Get these beat.

Looking forward to the Portsmouth Southampton tie tomorrow.

Been quite venomous in the build up down here, bubbling along nicely and under the Fratton Park lights, rain teeming down and a full house, this is going to be full blooded.

Exactly the kind of tie the competition needs.

One of the most underrated derbies in the country is Portsmouth v. Southampton. Can't beat the proper local rivalries that don't need manufacturing by TV companies or social media - Rovers v. Burnley, Cardiff v. Bristol City, Ipswich v. Norwich etc. Give me all those before shite like 'random motorway derby' that gets peddled out these days to make us all give a shit about otherwise non-entity matches.

You’ve got Danny Mills on TalkSport saying it’s not a big derby this Pompey-Soton one. Must be a quiet morning. 

I think there’s potential for a couple of “shocks” this evening. Crawley could easily give Stoke a game, Portsmouth v Southampton is a derby, Everton’s away form is sketchy at best and Watford are quite capable of losing to Swansea. 

Goal! Everton take a surprise lead through Dominic Calvert-Lewin. 

Goal! Calvert-Lewin with a second goal. Happy return to Sheffield for the former United player.

21 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Goal! Calvert-Lewin with a second goal. Happy return to Sheffield for the former United player.

Sheffield Wednesday must be playing the reserves?

Watford, Man City and Stoke all leading against lower league opposition. 

1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

Sheffield Wednesday must be playing the reserves?

It has been described as a "C" team by some of their fans on Twitter. 

4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

It has been described as a "C" team by some of their fans on Twitter. 

I was only joking... xD

Anyway, just what's needed here, a confidence boosting win ahead of the weekend :ph34r:

2-0 to us at half time. 

Gray scores from a corner. 

Justin scored against his old club. The Tielemans assist was superb. 

15 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I was only joking... xD

Anyway, just what's needed here, a confidence boosting win ahead of the weekend :ph34r:

Got to start somewhere 🤷‍♂️.

It would be so us to go and beat City and help you lot get further clear at the top but I think even the massive Evertonness of that outcome is dwarfed by the gulf between our team and theirs.

Great ball from Reiss and then a great ball from Chambers for Martinelli to head in. Dominating but need to score a couple more to put this to bed.

2-0 Holding as he just took the armband off Ozil. Only been watching the last 10, but Tierney is really exciting me such pace. 

3-0, lovely little bit of play by Mustafi and Bellerin and an easy finish for Willock. Bellerin getting assist as soon as he come on for his return. 

4-0! This may be only Forest but we have been incredible today. Brilliant balance all over the pitch and we are absolutely dominating for the first time in a while. Nelson with the finish and another Chambers assist. I was quite happy to see the back of Chambers but he has surprised me so far this season. He deserves to be starting. 

Oh dear Spurs. 

Out of the cup. Lost on penalties to to Colchester. 

Hope we get the winner of this Crawley Stoke shootout at home next. Or Colchester.

5-0 Martinelli with his second with a deflected strike. Top notch performance today absolutely dominated the way we should. Hopefully we can transfer this play into the league. 

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Oh dear Spurs. 

Out of the cup. Lost on penalties to to Colchester. 

Poch will find himself under pressure if Spurs carry on like this. Been in awful form this entire calendar year. Not good enough with the players he has at his disposal but for some reason he seems to get a free pass?

I dare anyone to try and convince Colchester and Crawley fans that the League Cup is obsolete now and should be scrapped. Some decent limbs there.

Spurs out is pretty silly. Go and win a trophy you stupid twats. Getting to the Champions League final might have been a nice day out and a decent pay day but surely the fans want to win something, even if it's the League Cup, you've got to start somewhere and create that winning habit. Mourinho and Guardiola are the biggest trophy hoarders in England of this generation of managers and they go all out for the League Cup, and even the Community Shield each time, no coincidence.

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Poch will find himself under pressure if Spurs carry on like this. Been in awful form this entire calendar year. Not good enough with the players he has at his disposal but for some reason he seems to get a free pass?

Yeah, not seen any media pressure on him like other managers get in far less time with perhaps better results than he's had.

It's desperately under-par for their standards.