talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

NHL

football forum

32 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@Tommy @Spike @Viva la FCB any of you ever watched your local ice hockey team play?  Bristol pitbulls moved away from Bristol because the ice rink was shut. But they have opened a new one so gonna go watch them play. Only £12 a ticket 

my local team is Chicago Blackhawks. I’ve seen them many times, many times

• Subscriber
44 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@Tommy @Spike @Viva la FCB any of you ever watched your local ice hockey team play?  Bristol pitbulls moved away from Bristol because the ice rink was shut. But they have opened a new one so gonna go watch them play. Only £12 a ticket 

Yeah lots of times over the years. Ive been a fan of the nucks since probably the late 90's when I really started paying attention anyways. Tickets arent cheap but I still usually try to go to 1 or 2 games a year. Ive also watched some junior hockey here as we have lots of options for that kind of level too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Going to the Cap's Nucks game tomorrow night should be a doozie. Ovie could take over sole spot of 3rd all time in goals passing Jagr if he nets one. As well as the nucks are on a terror right now and in the second game of a 7 game home stand. Also havent been to any sporting or large events in going on two years.. Im stoked!

Edited by Viva la FCB

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
56 minutes ago, Spike said:

@Viva la FCB every hears I have a ritual of listening to Toronto sports radio after the Leafs choke

I revel in it. Toronto always joked about as the center of the universe in Canada etc. I dont think they choked on this one though, TB is a really good team still. They took them within 1 goal in game 7 I think they can hang their hats on that one. Also largely outplayed TB at times early in the series especially so this one definitely felt different then their passed hilarious chokejobs.

Been some excellent series so far overall though.

2 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

I revel in it. Toronto always joked about as the center of the universe in Canada etc. I dont think they choked on this one though, TB is a really good team still. They took them within 1 goal in game 7 I think they can hang their hats on that one. Also largely outplayed TB at times early in the series especially so this one definitely felt different then their passed hilarious chokejobs.

Been some excellent series so far overall though.

It was a fantastic series, these playoffs have been brilliant all around. Let’s not get too carried away now, why let the truth get in the way of laughing another choke job?

Really though they got at Tampa and throttled them for a bit, but for me at least they lost the series when they had the defensive meltdown on the 5 on 3, that was the straw that broke the camel’s back, and I knew the previous five years of failure would come crashing down on them and mentally set themselves to lose.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Spike said:

It was a fantastic series, these playoffs have been brilliant all around. Let’s not get too carried away now, why let the truth get in the way of laughing another choke job?

Really though they got at Tampa and throttled them for a bit, but for me at least they lost the series when they had the defensive meltdown on the 5 on 3, that was the straw that broke the camel’s back, and I knew the previous five years of failure would come crashing down on them and mentally set themselves to lose.

Yeah that was game 6 I think? It was just a dumb penalty to take to put TB on basically a full 2 min 5 on 3 and sure enough they broke. They where in complete control of that third period too. Oh well I think they have a great core, theyve built a pretty good surrounding cast too I think their definitely unlucky to draw TB round 1 and they probably would have handled Boston if things went another way. At the end of the day IDGAF about any other Canadian team winning so I had no horse in the race but it was some great hackey.

47 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Yeah that was game 6 I think? It was just a dumb penalty to take to put TB on basically a full 2 min 5 on 3 and sure enough they broke. They where in complete control of that third period too. Oh well I think they have a great core, theyve built a pretty good surrounding cast too I think their definitely unlucky to draw TB round 1 and they probably would have handled Boston if things went another way. At the end of the day IDGAF about any other Canadian team winning so I had no horse in the race but it was some great hackey.

Their core is okay, Marner, Matthews, Nylander, and Rielly are great but Tavares is pointless. The Matthews-Tavares 1C-2C combo is a failure and it reminds me of San Jose annihilating their cap structure to pair Burns and Karlsson together, turns out they get in each other's way and 90% of Burns' points came from Pavelski tips. Look at the successful teams of the last decade and they are a lot deeper than Toronto, Hawks had Toews, Kane, Keith, Crawford, Seabrook, Hossa, Sharp, even Byfuglien was there for a bit. Kings had Quick, Kopitar, Richards, Brown, Doughty, Martinez, Muzzin. Penguins had Letang, Crosby, Fleury, Malkin, Kessel, Guentzel.

I don't think they have a very good team, but they have an amazing four players that just aren't enough to win.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

These playoffs have been awesome so far. Ive tried to watch as much as humanly possible but only caught the third period last night of Colorado St Louis. Crazy period and crazy finish but there was a MacKinnon cherry on top goal thats argueably one of the greatest solo effort playoff goals of all time. He channeled his inner McDavid and tried to will the win himself.. was the go ahead goal late in the third and his hattrick goal but after blowing a 3-0 lead.. ultimately they did still lose but holy hell what a goal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

The Av's look real good breezing on into the finals here. Kadri is a big loss but they havent ruled him out entirely yet, although he had surgery on his thumb from that bullshit cross check from Kane. Man Makar just keeps getting better, arguably the best player in the series. 

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Spike said:

I think people could but the league is loaded with talent, but my two bob is for Makar.

Yeah you can quibble over a few guys here and there move up or down a slot but Makar is just clearly the best defenceman in the leauge and who knows if he keeps this up. Guy handled Mcdavid pretty well let alone the point totals hes putting up offensively at the same time. Hes just so fun to watch. I love watching this Av's team tbh. Feels dirty saying it though. 

1 hour ago, Viva la FCB said:

Yeah you can quibble over a few guys here and there move up or down a slot but Makar is just clearly the best defenceman in the leauge and who knows if he keeps this up. Guy handled Mcdavid pretty well let alone the point totals hes putting up offensively at the same time. Hes just so fun to watch. I love watching this Av's team tbh. Feels dirty saying it though. 

Makes me wish prime Erik Karlsson got play in this post dead puck era and on a better team. 25 year old Karlsson would hit 120 point probably

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...