talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wrestling

football forums

Been to 3 independent shows recently. 2 revpro and one a local company. Was surprised by the quality of the local one as they aren't big at all. Seen a few Tna wrestlers, dani luna, Leon slater and josh alexander. Also seen grizzled young veterans. Orange casidy showed up for one event. Seen osprey as well. Spoke to dani luna at the bristol show and told her how good her match was at a previous show. Might go to the 12 year revpro anniversary show. Its the night before all in so will stay the night if I do 

• Like 2

On 18/06/2024 at 22:54, Gunnersaurus said:

Been to 3 independent shows recently. 2 revpro and one a local company. Was surprised by the quality of the local one as they aren't big at all. Seen a few Tna wrestlers, dani luna, Leon slater and josh alexander. Also seen grizzled young veterans. Orange casidy showed up for one event. Seen osprey as well. Spoke to dani luna at the bristol show and told her how good her match was at a previous show. Might go to the 12 year revpro anniversary show. Its the night before all in so will stay the night if I do 

Josh Alexander is awesome. Hopefully he can get himself in NXT via Ethan Page soon.

35 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

@The Palace Fan are you going to all in this year or don't you watch aew anymore? 

I'll probably give it a miss this year. Have a child due early September. If I was to go I'd probably wait until the day to see if I could get a ground seat for less than 40 quid.

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

I'll probably give it a miss this year. Have a child due early September. If I was to go I'd probably wait until the day to see if I could get a ground seat for less than 40 quid.

Congratulations. 

The ground seats go for hundreds. I like to be a bit above the ring but at Wembley that is far away. 

Do you watch aew or don't you watch it anymore? 

17 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

Congratulations. 

The ground seats go for hundreds. I like to be a bit above the ring but at Wembley that is far away. 

Do you watch aew or don't you watch it anymore? 

I'll watch the matches I like on pay per view but that's it.

WWE's taking all my attention at the minute. Drew vs Punk, Cody back on The Bloodline, Jacob Fatu, Wyatt 6, Joe Hendry, there's a lot I like at the minute.

14 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

@The Palace Fan I don't watch wwe but going to one of their ppvs would still be good. Even if you don't watch a promotion a live event can still be very enjoyable.

I think aew has got better since the new year. But that's just my opinion 

It sounds like it's got better but they always do something that makes me think ffs. I like Ospreay/Swerve for example, and then I hear they've got MJF back to challenge Daniel Garcia.

I was made aware of this and I'll be watching Jeff's matches in The Owen hoping he wins the thing now, but with the creative I don't know whether they'll follow through with him being in the final to tell a great story of they'll have him lose to a random generic wrestler in his first match.

Posted (edited)

@The Palace Fan the winner of the owen hart competition wrestles for the title at all in so I doubt Jeff jarrett wins it.

Osprey vs swerve was a weird one. Perhaps they thought it would be to predictable to have him beat swerve at all in but sometimes the predictable thing to do is the best thing.

Seems like osprey will be facing mjf at all in who has turned heel again. I'm surprised they turned mjf heel again. I didn't like him as a face personally but a lot of people did so surprised they did that. 

Edited by Gunnersaurus

31 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

@The Palace Fan the winner of the owen hart competition wrestles for the title at all in so I doubt Jeff jarrett wins it.

Osprey vs swerve was a weird one. Perhaps they thought it would be to predictable to have him beat swerve at all in but sometimes the predictable thing to do is the best thing.

Seems like osprey will be facing mjf at all in who has turned heel again. I'm surprised they turned mjf heel again. I didn't like him as a face personally but a lot of people did so surprised they did that. 

Thank God MJF is a heel again. We need to imagine him crying at the press conference never happened.

There's way round the winner getting a title shot at All In, but Tony's shown with Wardlow, FTR and The Acclaimed that he's awful at altering plans he's had with his action figures for some time.

@The Palace Fan Mjf was actually very popular as a face. Like I said I didn't really like him as a face myself. But I think it was the right idea at the time. Moxleys popularity was going down a bit at the time. Same for hangman page, Adam Cole isn't top face material in many people's eyes. Mjf was very popular at the time as a heel so it made sense. 

I don't think anyone really cares about Jeff jarret to be honest. He's lower card 

3 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

@The Palace Fan Mjf was actually very popular as a face. Like I said I didn't really like him as a face myself. But I think it was the right idea at the time. Moxleys popularity was going down a bit at the time. Same for hangman page, Adam Cole isn't top face material in many people's eyes. Mjf was very popular at the time as a heel so it made sense. 

I don't think anyone really cares about Jeff jarret to be honest. He's lower card 

I never said MJF wasn't popular amongst the AEW fanbase?

The crowd response to Jeff Jarrett this week suggests otherwise. They're keeping him involved in the tournament for a reason.

3 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I never said MJF wasn't popular amongst the AEW fanbase?

The crowd response to Jeff Jarrett this week suggests otherwise. They're keeping him involved in the tournament for a reason.

Ow right I thought you meant it wasn't a good idea to turn him face my mistake. I haven't seen the match yet. I know Adam page was a heel though. In general though I don't think people are to interested in jarret. He's always been on the lower card. 

@The Palace Fan Have you seen the mjf heel turn? I know you said you don’t watch aew much anymore but I got the impression you watch bits of it. 

I thought it was  done brilliantly personally. And the way he squared up to two fans was great. I never realised that was actually real before. I thought they arranged with a fan to do it. But when I went to revpro a few months ago Anthony Ogogo did it to a fan. 

@Devil-Dick Willie @Spike @The Palace Fan Have any of you been to any live shows this year? I know you have all been to shows before. I love wrestling live. Have any of you ever seen a wrestler in the independent scene that has got to a very high level.

There was this one guy at my last show who was 17 and has only wrestled a few matches but he looks so good. If nxt europe does finally happen he will be on it for sure 

3 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

@Devil-Dick Willie @Spike @The Palace Fan Have any of you been to any live shows this year? I know you have all been to shows before. I love wrestling live. Have any of you ever seen a wrestler in the independent scene that has got to a very high level.

There was this one guy at my last show who was 17 and has only wrestled a few matches but he looks so good. If nxt europe does finally happen he will be on it for sure 

I've been to a bunch of WWE shows but the last show I went was just before Wrestlemania, the show where the Rock bashed up Cody in the parking lot and was swearing a lot.

@Spike I was gonna go to a wwe show in Cardiff but then I went to revpro to see will ospreys last match . I do regrett not going to clash at the castle in Wales. Since I don't watch wwe I didn't go. But I would now. When I go to independent shows I don't know whonthe wrestlers are or the story lines but it's still good. Do you ever go any other companies or just wwe? 

13 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

@Spike I was gonna go to a wwe show in Cardiff but then I went to revpro to see will ospreys last match . I do regrett not going to clash at the castle in Wales. Since I don't watch wwe I didn't go. But I would now. When I go to independent shows I don't know whonthe wrestlers are or the story lines but it's still good. Do you ever go any other companies or just wwe? 

Not really. I’m more into wrestling socially or for nostalgia purposes. I haven’t watched since Wrestlemania. People love AEW but I never got into it

17 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

None this year. I'm going to try for John Cena's last UK appearance next year though.

• 2 weeks later...