talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wrestling

football forum

13 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR68GOc2GUM

Link to Cornettes prediction and tales. He hit the nail on the fucking head so hard. 

I'm pretty sure the electric cage in TNA was what led to his infamous row with Vince Russo which effectively was the beginning of the end for him in TNA. It was that or another bizarre Russo suggestion where he eventually lost it.

Listening to podcasts like Grilling JR, 83 weeks, Something to Wrestle With etc. has somewhat changed my opinion on Cornette. I get the impression you need somebody with his grounded approach to wrestling on a booking team to stop the product getting carried away in any form of wrestling company. He comes across as very difficult to imagine working with but then again so do they all (Heyman, Pritchard, Dunn, JR etc).

6 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I'm pretty sure the electric cage in TNA was what led to his infamous row with Vince Russo which effectively was the beginning of the end for him in TNA. It was that or another bizarre Russo suggestion where he eventually lost it.

Listening to podcasts like Grilling JR, 83 weeks, Something to Wrestle With etc. has somewhat changed my opinion on Cornette. I get the impression you need somebody with his grounded approach to wrestling on a booking team to stop the product getting carried away in any form of wrestling company. He comes across as very difficult to imagine working with but then again so do they all (Heyman, Pritchard, Dunn, JR etc).

The guy has done everything in wrestling. Given everything to wrestling, and contrary to belief, doesn't hate everyone under 100kgs. He loves the UE boys, and Fin Balor for example. The things he dislikes are generally quite reasonable. Yeah, he's old fashioned, but I do think you need that opinion around. 

@Devil-Dick Willie  there is a point in the second video where they do a power bomb where the guy receiving it has his back bent? Is this still allowed?

For me as great as I think Japanese wrestling is some of it is to dangerous. I know people choose to do it but when it is sometimes that dangerous it puts pressure on people to do things they may not want to do. 

I think sometimes someone has to say no you cant do that.

15 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

It's not for me to be honest.

Sometimes hardcore wrestling is used when wrestlers arent as skilled so they use it to make their matches better. However those wrestlers have to be willing to take a higher risk of injury  and take harder bumps. So not all wrestlers who arent as skilled can do it. However Kenny omega is one of the best wrestlers in the world so it's fair to say he doesn't need to do it.

Edited by Guest

On 09/03/2021 at 14:31, Gunnersauraus said:

@The Palace Fan I think the actually event as a whole was well received it was the bodge at the end that wasnt. 

Finished watching it all today. 

Positives:

+ The Cinematic Match was good.

+ Womens Match was surprisingly very good for AEW.

+ Ethan Page is All Elite.

+ Page / Dark Order has been a good story.

+ Finally making Miro look decent.

Negatives:

- The ending overshadowed the show.

- Young Bucks are turning in to Skinny Cena's with the way they kick out of everything. A baseball bat to the back of the head? Give over.

@The Palace Fan sting can actually move for a 61 year old. Admittedly it may have been edited and he might have taken a break in between however he moved fast on dynamite the other day .

I wasnt as keep on the street fight as some because I was aware there might have been editing though.

I'm not sure what cody is doing sometimes? He went to the back for a lot of the match. I dont know whether his ego is so big he thinks it's ok and the fans will love him anyway.(although there was a lot of booing) or whether he is just a tweener and this is part of his gimmick. He has done things like this before which made me think a heel turn was coming but it didnt?

@Devil-Dick Willie is this just part of his gimmick? 

12 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@The Palace Fan sting can actually move for a 61 year old. Admittedly it may have been edited and he might have taken a break in between however he moved fast on dynamite the other day .

I wasnt as keep on the street fight as some because I was aware there might have been editing though.

I'm not sure what cody is doing sometimes? He went to the back for a lot of the match. I dont know whether his ego is so big he thinks it's ok and the fans will love him anyway.(although there was a lot of booing) or whether he is just a tweener and this is part of his gimmick. He has done things like this before which made me think a heel turn was coming but it didnt?

@Devil-Dick Willie is this just part of his gimmick? 

AEW are brilliant at story telling. Every little detail builds towards something. No stone gets left unturned, and when you think it has been, they bring it back up. 

The theory behind Cody Rhodes milking an injury but not quite being out of shot on the ramp was that it was that it was about younger guys taking "the brass ring" (a phase Vince coins) when an opportunity presents itself. Something that generations have struggled to do in WWE due to the political power playing that's been going on for decades.

On a side note AEW Dynamite was a good one this week. A big development for MJF and The Inner Circle going forwards.

29 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

AEW are brilliant at story telling. Every little detail builds towards something. No stone gets left unturned, and when you think it has been, they bring it back up. 

The theory behind Cody Rhodes milking an injury but not quite being out of shot on the ramp was that it was that it was about younger guys taking "the brass ring" (a phase Vince coins) when an opportunity presents itself. Something that generations have struggled to do in WWE due to the political power playing that's been going on for decades.

On a side note AEW Dynamite was a good one this week. A big development for MJF and The Inner Circle going forwards.

I don't quite understand what you mean with cody mate.

I do like the aew story telling. I find with nxt I can miss it for a few weeks and figure it out and not be particularly worried. Where as with aew  I wouldn't want to.

Speaking of nxt like I said I have missed a few weeks. Gonna start again this week. Adam Cole is now a heel. What happened?

1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I don't quite understand what you mean with cody mate.

I do like the aew story telling. I find with nxt I can miss it for a few weeks and figure it out and not be particularly worried. Where as with aew  I wouldn't want to.

Speaking of nxt like I said I have missed a few weeks. Gonna start again this week. Adam Cole is now a heel. What happened?

He took out Balor and O'Reilly at the last PPV and laid out Strong the other week.

1 minute ago, The Palace Fan said:

He took out Balor and O'Reilly at the last PPV and laid out Strong the other week.

I knew he took out balor. Didnt realise he took out o Reilly as well.

Can you explain the cody comment mate didnt understand what you meant 

Edited by Guest

1. A well executed Ganso bomb is safer than any flip or dive. It's still used (sparingly) today

2. Cody is a fucking egomaniac. Always was, that's why he's so good at it as a heel. Place boi is right, cody was criticized in WWE for never "grabbing the brass ring" hence this cringe match. But because Cody wasn't gonna win it he needed some special shine. 
3. It's 7.30 AM in kangaroo land. I was asleep 

@The Palace Fan  wow didnt see that coming. Mjf starting his own group and turning the whole inner circle face.

I think AEW have planned to push MJF as one of the main heels from the beginning. 

They covered up the botch well as well. A bit silly but it is wrestling.

For me this as good as AEW has been . It's taken a while to build it but it is getting very good. 

Even the womens divisions is getting good. Admitidley they have had to get wrestlers from other promotions but that is ok because if they can build the division it can generate more money and they can make it  better.

Great time to watch AEW.

24 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@The Palace Fan  wow didnt see that coming. Mjf starting his own group and turning the whole inner circle face.

I think AEW have planned to push MJF as one of the main heels from the beginning. 

They covered up the botch well as well. A bit silly but it is wrestling.

For me this as good as AEW has been . It's taken a while to build it but it is getting very good. 

Even the womens divisions is getting good. Admitidley they have had to get wrestlers from other promotions but that is ok because if they can build the division it can generate more money and they can make it  better.

Great time to watch AEW.

The issue with the women's divison has always been a lack of time. It's very difficult to get invested in characters if they're only getting four minutes worth of TV time.

Andrade allegedly requested his release which has been turned down.

I don't want AEW to become a home for WWE cast offs but Andrade and Aleister Black are two guys I'd be keen to see on AEW a lot more than guys like Christian. Beggars belief why WWE just doesn't move them back to NXT if they're not going to put them on TV in some reverse Retribution story.

12 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Alister black and Andrade both got over with the mainstream crowd too. No idea why they were written off tv

Would be good to have La Sombra back in NJPW

Were Los Ingobernables ever in NJPW? Would quite like to see Andrade and Rush together again.

5 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Were Los Ingobernables ever in NJPW? Would quite like to see Andrade and Rush together again.

You mean Los Ingobernables de Mexico? No.
But Naito who was a member of LI formed Los ingobernables de Japon, which are one of the main 4 factions of NJPW. La Sombra was just a guest wrestler who wrestled often in the junior division. 

@The Palace Fan how do you think the crowd will react to Santana and Ortiz and Jake hager? I know Jake hager was in wwe. I dont really know anything about Santana and ortiz. Have they always been heels? How hard will it be to get the crowd to cheer them? 

It wont be hard for Jericho and sammy. Jericho got cheered as a heel anyway and sammy was getting cheers from the crowd.

2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@The Palace Fan how do you think the crowd will react to Santana and Ortiz and Jake hager? I know Jake hager was in wwe. I dont really know anything about Santana and ortiz. Have they always been heels? How hard will it be to get the crowd to cheer them? 

It wont be hard for Jericho and sammy. Jericho got cheered as a heel anyway and sammy was getting cheers from the crowd.

They'll be fine. Santana and Ortiz were liked when they were with Konnan in Impact and fans will want to see see decent feud between Jake Hager and Wardlow.