talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wrestling

football forum

7 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

To be fair to WWE, they had women main event WrestleMania and pushed Becky Lynch and Charlotte to the moon off the back of Ronda. 

It's just a sign of the times at the minute there biggest characters are Roman, Bryan and Drew. May change when/if Becky returns full time.

I was just never that arsed about Becky if I’m honest. 

7 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I was just never that arsed about Becky if I’m honest. 

When Becky lost to Charlotte I was sad, as Becky was underutilized at the time and Charlotte is mrs hulk. Then the post match heel turn and subsequent rematch title win made me happy.  They had that hardcore match at evolution PPV and I liked it a lot, I wanted the "harcore bitch becky" thing to end after that, it didn't. 

People really liked the Becky vs authority and Kofi vs authority lines, I hated them, they were SO contrived. 
"Kofi, if you want your mania match with Bryan, you've gotta beat 16 tag teams by yourself, with an arm tied behind your back"
Okay I did it
"HAHAHAHA YOU DUMB BASTARD! Now you gotta beat Daniel Bryan in a gauntlet match, but you're number 1, he's number 8 and it's no DQ"
Okay, I did that too
"HAHAHAHAHAHA YOU FUCKIN IDIOT!!!! now you gotta beat him in a 2/3 falls match, except you've gotta win all 3 falls, Rowan is at ringside and your mother is in a shark cage above the ring"

Ad Infinium. Fuck off. 

• Haha 1

I think Raw, Smackdown, and NXT should all be open to roster rotation, rather than just raw and smackdown. 
Raw should be for cuck angles, magic zombies, alexa blisses tits and all that stuff
Smackdown should be 60-40 wrestling to silly shit, a proper rival for AEW
NXT should go back a bit to what it was and be near pure wrestle wrestle wrestle. American NJPW. 

Rotate the roster once a year.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I think Raw, Smackdown, and NXT should all be open to roster rotation, rather than just raw and smackdown. 
Raw should be for cuck angles, magic zombies, alexa blisses tits and all that stuff
Smackdown should be 60-40 wrestling to silly shit, a proper rival for AEW
NXT should go back a bit to what it was and be near pure wrestle wrestle wrestle. American NJPW. 

Rotate the roster once a year.

Yeah, completely agree. Attract a variety of fan bases. 

Hopefully now they're moving NXT to Tuesdays they'll consider it. By keeping a ceiling on AEW they were keeping a ceiling on themselves by losing potentially 700k live viewers a week.

5 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Was just about to post that. How they’ve pulled that off I have no idea.

I imagine it's being billed as a "Peacock Exclusive" as opposed to a WWE exclusive. A bit like when CM Punk appeared on WWE Backstage but on FOX.

1 hour ago, 6666 said:

I wonder how much Tony Khan and "The Elite" actually like Jericho. If Meltzer wasn't getting his dick sucked by AEW, I'm sure we would've heard about some interesting clashes.

I imagine he got his arse chewed with some of his drunk tweets last year but other than that I don't see what he has to be angry about.

Just now, The Palace Fan said:

It's got better since he's let the guests speak and stopped making it so much about himself.

Oh thank fuck. It was always "I'd do this" "Stunner is the best" ect ect. 

Look cunt you were an average as fuck wrestler with a good lock in the right place at the right time. I still have fits of laughter every time I see his "kick" to set up the stunner. 

Listened to Eric Bischoff "83 Weeks" this week. He talked about what his version of WCW would have looked like had his consortium bought the company in 2001.

New logos, permanent stage in Las Vegas, new announcers, same creative team bar Russo and then a roster with Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Scott Steiner, Goldberg, Sting and Booker T. Plan A would be Goldberg as Champ, Plan B would be Hogan as Champ. He basically said yes to everybody bar Jeff Jarrett 

So basically, new appearance but same old product.

• Upvote 1

On 05/04/2021 at 08:44, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Big willy is NJPW champ 

Just watched it. You could have warned it was practically a really long squash match xD.

Can't see him calling out CM Punk going anywhere but it would be epic if it was. Not sure what they do with Ospreay going in to Dominion.

2 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Just watched it. You could have warned it was practically a really long squash match xD.

Can't see him calling out CM Punk going anywhere but it would be epic if it was. Not sure what they do with Ospreay going in to Dominion.

Lol never. 

Will Osprey and Shingo Takagi have never had a match less than 5*. So that seems a safe bet. 
God I hope White rips the championship from him though. Like a school yard alpha bully taking the mid tier dork busters stolen lunch money. 

Predictions for WrestleMania?

Drew McIntyre vs Bobby Lashley
Bianca Belair vs Sasha Banks
Braun Strowman vs Shane McMahon
Cesaro vs Seth Rollins
Bad Bunny & Damien Priest vs Miz & Morrison
New Day vs AJ & Amos
Womens Tag Battle Royal - Naomi & Lana

Daniel Bryan vs Edge vs Roman Reigns
Randy Orton vs The Fiend
Big E vs Apollo Crews
Asuka vs Rhea Ripley
Kevin Owens vs Sami Zayn
Shayna Baszler & Nia Jax vs ???
Riddle vs Sheamus

Night one seems a little more straight forward than night two.

- With what happened on RAW where Lashley offers the 24/7 locker room to take out Drew McIntyre it seems like Drew McIntyre winning is a foregone conclusion.

- Bianca Belair to win against Sasha Banks. Sasha doesn't have a good WrestleMania record and a loss here wouldn't hurt her.

- You can't have these "Be A Star" campaigns if Braun Strowman is being called stupid every week and then he gets out smarted by Shane McMahon at WrestleMania.

- They're recycling the AJ storyline going in to Survivor Series where he looked weak and then wiped the floor at the PPV.

- I'd rather see Cesaro beat Rollins to start the push he should have had I 2014 but a 3 minute swing before Rollins gets a skeptical win seems most likely.

- Celebrity matches never lose so Bad Bunny will get a win.

- It would be great if Billie Kay and Carmella fold as a team, then Peyton Royce comes out to team with Billie Kay and the Iiconics go on to win. But that seems too smart. 

Night two is a little bit more difficult.

- I want Daniel Bryan to repeat WrestleMania 30 but after the way Smackdown go home show ended I could see him losing. They've gone cold on Edge by turning him heel and stopped mentioning the "ten year to the day" stuff. Leaves Roman as the default option, but having a triple threat ensures he doesn't have to eat a pin. I haven't got a clue to be honest. Daniel Bryan would get the biggest crowd pop so I'll back him.

- The Fiend to avenge what happened at WrestleMania 33. His character needs it. They need to move on from this feud after.

- Apollo and Big E I'm 50/50 on. I've gone for Apollo to restore some of the face/heel win balance and I think Big E will be good chasing the title.

- Based on what happened last week on RAW I fancy Asuka to retain. Sucks for Rhea that she's getting two Ls at WrestleMania and so soon after her NXT call up.

- KO and Sami Zaym I'm 50/50 on. I really like KO so I'm rooting for him.

- The TBD team to win against Shayna and Nia makes sense but I like Shayna and Nia so I couldn't care less.

- Riddle and Sheamus have had some excellent matches since Riddle's call up. As Riddle won the title only a month ago I fancy him to get the W.

18 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Predictions for WrestleMania?

Drew McIntyre vs Bobby Lashley
Bianca Belair vs Sasha Banks
Braun Strowman vs Shane McMahon
Cesaro vs Seth Rollins
Bad Bunny & Damien Priest vs Miz & Morrison
New Day vs AJ & Amos
Womens Tag Battle Royal - Naomi & Lana

Daniel Bryan vs Edge vs Roman Reigns
Randy Orton vs The Fiend
Big E vs Apollo Crews
Asuka vs Rhea Ripley
Kevin Owens vs Sami Zayn
Shayna Baszler & Nia Jax vs ???
Riddle vs Sheamus

Lashley to retain hopefully and Orton to beat The Fiend, tear off the mask, and burn it which puts an end to The Fiend forever. I also expect Ripley & Apollo Crews to win. Hopefully Sami beats Owen. Zero idea how the Universal title match will end. Agree on the rest.