Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Online Courses

I’m doing an actual course atm, access course to go to Uni. Looking like they’re going to have to mark the rest of our assignments with predicted grades.

• Upvote 1

That teaching course on Harvard looks interesting. May investigate the book it’s based on.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Toinho said:

That teaching course on Harvard looks interesting. May investigate the book it’s based on.

Which one? Leaders of Learning?

https://www.classcentral.com/

This is a great website to search for free courses across different universities and different platforms, also has ratings and reviews to help you choose. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Danny said:

I’m doing an actual course atm, access course to go to Uni. Looking like they’re going to have to mark the rest of our assignments with predicted grades.

What do you want to study at Uni? 

14 minutes ago, nudge said:

What do you want to study at Uni? 

Looking at social work at this point as that’s the industry I’d like to get into, but you can do a social work conversion with other degrees so I’ve also been looking at Sociology and Ancient History. I initially started my course hoping to do Psychology but the more I do it at college the less I want to do it at Uni and beyond.

• Upvote 1

I just finished the Harvardx CS50 and MITx Introduction to Computer Science and Programming Using Python courses a while ago. Looking forward into continuing on the same path now with more advanced courses in computational thinking/data science and then move towards AI/ML. The quality of the courses has been nothing short of amazing. 

On 10/04/2020 at 18:53, nudge said:

Which one? Leaders of Learning?

Data Wise one.

I see the catch is if you want a certificate you need to pay?

11 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Data Wise one.

I see the catch is if you want a certificate you need to pay?

That's usually the case, yes. 

16 minutes ago, nudge said:

That's usually the case, yes. 

I am tempted by a course. 

On 11/04/2020 at 05:06, nudge said:

I just finished the Harvardx CS50 and MITx Introduction to Computer Science and Programming Using Python courses a while ago. Looking forward into continuing on the same path now with more advanced courses in computational thinking/data science and then move towards AI/ML. The quality of the courses has been nothing short of amazing. 

Their CS50 course is quite good honestly. It lacks some aspects of programming with data structures to help the reader properly use raw data constructs effectively but that is ideally all done with continual practice and exposure. I think all the data you used or the COVID thread could be used to further that but that's just me.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Their CS50 course is quite good honestly. It lacks some aspects of programming with data structures to help the reader properly use raw data constructs effectively but that is ideally all done with continual practice and exposure. I think all the data you used or the COVID thread could be used to further that but that's just me.

Funny you mentioned the covid thread. This is what I played around with a bit: https://www.geodose.com/2020/02/tracking-coronavirus-python-map.html

• Upvote 1

I'm doing an Audio Imaging and FX course at the moment which I found. Covered most of it in Uni but wanted to do this one as a top up so I can start making some stuff again. Podcasts always need some music beds and imaging sweepers/IDs ;) 

• Upvote 1