• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Leicester City 4-2 Burnley - Sunday 20th September, 2020

Recommended Posts

Kick-off 19.00

Live on BBC One

image.png     VS     Burnley_FC_badge.png

Head to Head Record
Leicester - 37
Draws - 31
Burnley - 46

Last Meeting
19/01/2020 - Burnley 2-1 Leicester

Last Fixture
21/10/2019 - Leicester 2-1 Burnley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we've got to win. It won't be as easy as last week but they're missing so many players, and also played midweek.

I think a 1-0 win, and a relatively convincing performance.

Although being on BBC concerns me. I don't think we've ever not been totally embarrassing on BBC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're unchanged. Burnley's XI is absolutely dreadful xD they're missing so many key players. I will be horrified if we don't win this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They will come and frustrate but I will be bitterly disappointed if we don't beat that XI, nothing I say changes that, they're missing so many first team players. I can see why Dyche is annoyed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I reckon Gray's off as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No team in world football concedes from the first chance as often as us. I swear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We needed that. Get these beaten now.

I think there's a case for both of those not counting, both pretty inconclusive to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dan said:

We needed that. Get these beaten now.

I think there's a case for both of those not counting, both pretty inconclusive to me.

Huh? Perez didn't touch it at all so wouldn't have mattered if offside or not? Also wasn't in line of vision for Pope. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Huh? Perez didn't touch it at all so wouldn't have mattered if offside or not? Also wasn't in line of vision for Pope. 

Wasn't clear but it turns out he's onside anyway. BBC replays are shite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dan said:

Wasn't clear but it turns out he's onside anyway. BBC replays are shite.

Yeah all 3 angles were shite until thay last one they showed about 10 mins later xD

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we've been the better side and we should go on to win, but I am a bit concerned how little it took them to actually score.

Their goal I don't mind counting but the bar has been set. Lets see if it's stuck to. I would assume not.

Perez isn't good enough. I'm convinced about 75% of his games are like this. Cengiz has got to be an improvement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get the fuck in!!!!!!

Massive slice of luck but what a pass from Tielemans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3-1 Justin.

That's got to be game over. Lets get a few here now.

This half is better. I'm encouraged.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice work by Perez to setup the goal. Leicester have been good in the second half.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's twice Justin's been beaten in the air. That's just nowhere near good enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's got to be game over. Great strike Praet.

Back on top of the league :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fucking hell. We've been really poor at the back here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bastards already won the league once, let someone else have a turn 😤.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're not too far off being a good team. We're not there yet, but we 're not far off. Thought we were porous defensively but really liked us going forward.

Harvey Barnes is not far off being a very, very good player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This ball from Youri is just ridiculous. 

 

55 minutes ago, Dan said:

That's twice Justin's been beaten in the air. That's just nowhere near good enough.

Yeah but how many big brutes of defenders do Burnley's players beat in the air? They clearly saw Justin as a target and it paid off for them.

Don't think we can be too harsh on him. He did quite well considering, I think.

31 minutes ago, Dan said:

We're not too far off being a good team. We're not there yet, but we 're not far off. Thought we were porous defensively but really liked us going forward.

Harvey Barnes is not far off being a very, very good player.

I know we shouldn't get too far ahead of ourselves but I think we are a good team already, but can still be better. Especially when the defence gets sorted. And this is without Pereira, too.

There were times today, thanks to a decent, confident midfield and Castagne/Barnes where we looked so fluid. Really exciting and I think it's exactly what Rodgers wants out of this team. Quick passing and fluidity in the final third. Castagne gives us what we missed from Pereira. Really happy with how he's settled in so quickly too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

This ball from Youri is just ridiculous. 

 

Yeah but how many big brutes of defenders do Burnley's players beat in the air? They clearly saw Justin as a target and it paid off for them.

Don't think we can be too harsh on him. He did quite well considering, I think.

I know we shouldn't get too far ahead of ourselves but I think we are a good team already, but can still be better. Especially when the defence gets sorted. And this is without Pereira, too.

There were times today, thanks to a decent, confident midfield and Castagne/Barnes where we looked so fluid. Really exciting and I think it's exactly what Rodgers wants out of this team. Quick passing and fluidity in the final third. Castagne gives us what we missed from Pereira. Really happy with how he's settled in so quickly too. 

I'm happy enough with Justin in general but I do think he's got a bit of an error in him and he's not quite ready yet. He'll have to do for now but I think when Ricardo is back it'll be him on the right, Castagne (who was very good again) on the left.

I will give that one to Congerton. He looks a really good buy. A natural fit for us as a team.

I think we're not far off but I'm not getting carried away because we've beaten two very poor teams. I think Burnley are alright usually, but with that many players out we have no excuse to not win fairly comfortably. The other side to that is that we're not at full strength either. We had no Ricardo, Evans, Maddison wasn't fully fit, and we're now about to add Cengiz Under, and hopefully Fofana. We're getting there.

I think more than anything, we needed these two wins just to turn moods around a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dan said:

I'm happy enough with Justin in general but I do think he's got a bit of an error in him and he's not quite ready yet. He'll have to do for now but I think when Ricardo is back it'll be him on the right, Castagne (who was very good again) on the left.

I will give that one to Congerton. He looks a really good buy. A natural fit for us as a team.

I think we're not far off but I'm not getting carried away because we've beaten two very poor teams. I think Burnley are alright usually, but with that many players out we have no excuse to not win fairly comfortably. The other side to that is that we're not at full strength either. We had no Ricardo, Evans, Maddison wasn't fully fit, and we're now about to add Cengiz Under, and hopefully Fofana. We're getting there.

I think more than anything, we needed these two wins just to turn moods around a bit.

Now we have a firing Arsenal and Man City as the next 2 xD 

Reckon ours and Arsenal's squads on Wednesday will be heavily changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stan said:

Now we have a firing Arsenal and Man City as the next 2 xD 

Reckon ours and Arsenal's squads on Wednesday will be heavily changed.

Arsenal's a bit of a free hit to me. I think for one time, and one time only, I will advocate us not taking a cup seriously. We've got enough games and with Liverpool in the next around we're not likely to go through anyway. Behind closed doors as well it's just a bit crap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dan said:

Arsenal's a bit of a free hit to me. I think for one time, and one time only, I will advocate us not taking a cup seriously. We've got enough games and with Liverpool in the next around we're not likely to go through anyway. Behind closed doors as well it's just a bit crap.

Imagine if it's Lincoln...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement