• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2020 - Race 14 - Turkish GP -13th-15th Nov, 2020

football forum

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Leclerc flying. Hopefully Hamilton doesn't make it to the end on these tyres. Is this the DAS again reducing the Mercedes tyre wear? It's so depressing seeing all these drivers having their day in the sun then Hamilton just gets into clear air, never has any tyre wear and just goes yeah gonna lap you all cya.

• Subscriber
Just now, RandoEFC said:

Leclerc flying. Hopefully Hamilton doesn't make it to the end on these tyres. Is this the DAS again reducing the Mercedes tyre wear? It's so depressing seeing all these drivers having their day in the sun then Hamilton just gets into clear air, never has any tyre wear and just goes yeah gonna lap you all cya.

I think depressing is a bit extreme. Everyone hates greatness and as he has done on so so so so so many occasions he’s adjusted and found a way to separate himself from the rest of the field.

He’s the greatest of all time. And I’m going to enjoy and appreciate him whilst he’s still  here and racing. As opposed to you and many many many others wishing bad luck on him and for his dominance to end.

• Subscriber
Just now, MUFC said:

Bottas to throw police spikes on the track last lap, to piss Lewis off.

xDxD 43 laps now on his tyres! He needs new ones surely... how is he finding the pace he’s finding on tyres that old?!

2 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

xDxD 43 laps now on his tyres! He needs new ones surely... how is he finding the pace he’s finding on tyres that old?!

Don't be surprised if he throws in fastest lap for good measure.

Think the rain is out.

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

I think depressing is a bit extreme. Everyone hates greatness and as he has done on so so so so so many occasions he’s adjusted and found a way to separate himself from the rest of the field.

He’s the greatest of all time. And I’m going to enjoy and appreciate him whilst he’s still  here and racing. As opposed to you and many many many others wishing bad luck on him and for his dominance to end.

This is a bit of an overreaction mate. I appreciate Hamilton but I watch this every weekend and there's a load of other great drivers out there and it's nice to see someone else get their chance.

It's not about whether or not you like Hamilton as much as you're seemingly trying to make me out as some sort of hater. It was the same when Vettel was easily winning every race and championship.

I don't wish any ill on Hamilton but yes I do wish his dominance would end because sport is supposed to be entertaining and the same driver and team holding an absolute monopoly over any sport for 7 years isn't entertaining. It's cripplingly boring. It's not his fault but you can simultaneously appreciate Lewis Hamilton while at the same time wanting there to be a chance of something different happening in F1 just once in a while.

It's the same as calling the major European leagues boring. It's not some sort of weird prejudicial bitterness against Juventus, Bayern Munich or PSG, it's just an objective truth that there's barely any excitement when you know who's going to win.

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

This is a bit of an overreaction mate. I appreciate Hamilton but I watch this every weekend and there's a load of other great drivers out there and it's nice to see someone else get their chance.

It's not about whether or not you like Hamilton as much as you're seemingly trying to make me out as some sort of hater. It was the same when Vettel was easily winning every race and championship.

I don't wish any ill on Hamilton but yes I do wish his dominance would end because sport is supposed to be entertaining and the same driver and team holding an absolute monopoly over any sport for 7 years isn't entertaining. It's cripplingly boring. It's not his fault but you can simultaneously appreciate Lewis Hamilton while at the same time wanting there to be a chance of something different happening in F1 just once in a while.

It's the same as calling the major European leagues boring. It's not some sort of weird prejudicial bitterness against Juventus, Bayern Munich or PSG, it's just an objective truth that there's barely any excitement when you know who's going to win.

I’m an F1 fan but also a Lewis Hamilton fan and I’ll miss him when he retires like I’ll miss Ronnie O’Sullivan who’s the greatest in his respective sport.

If Everton were winning the league every year and dominating would you want them to slow down a bit and make it more interesting for other teams and other fans? 

Do you think Bayern players, staff and fans care what we think about their dominance? 

Dominance can become boring or almost bitter for certain people.

I’m fortunate enough that I don’t find it boring in any way whatsoever, and that it’s someone who’s greatness i appreciate and I’m still loving watching performances like his today whilst he’s still around. 

• Subscriber
23 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Having watched Schumi dominate for years, I can very much relate to this. Sure, it gets boring after a while (especially if you're not the fan of the dominating driver), but the best drivers end up in the best cars and dominate for a reason. It's an honour to witness them at their peak. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, nudge said:

Having watched Schumi dominate for years, I can very much relate to this. Sure, it gets boring after a while (especially if you're not the fan of the dominating driver), but the best drivers end up in the best cars and dominate for a reason. It's an honour to witness them at their peak. 

:congrats:

I was very young and disliked him growing up. But the more mature I got and studied the history of the sport. I learned to appreciate just how great he was. 

1 minute ago, JOSHBRFC said:

:congrats:

I was very young and disliked him growing up. But the more mature I got and studied the history of the sport. I learned to appreciate just how great he was. 

But he was one of the first drivers who had a 6 pack.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

I’m an F1 fan but also a Lewis Hamilton fan and I’ll miss him when he retires like I’ll miss Ronnie O’Sullivan who’s the greatest in his respective sport.

If Everton were winning the league every year and dominating would you want them to slow down a bit and make it more interesting for other teams and other fans? 

Do you think Bayern players, staff and fans care what we think about their dominance? 

Dominance can become boring or almost bitter for certain people.

I’m fortunate enough that I don’t find it boring in any way whatsoever, and that it’s someone who’s greatness i appreciate and I’m still loving watching performances like his today whilst he’s still around. 

Supporting a football team isn't the same as supporting an F1 driver. A football team lasts your whole life, for me that's not a valid comparison, I can never imagine having the same partisan emotion towards an individual sportsperson.

Regardless though, you were the one telling me it isn't depressing. If Everton were in this scenario of course I wouldn't be complaining but I certainly wouldn't be going around trying to convince neutrals that it isn't depressing and boring.

The first half of today's race there were 6 drivers in 4 different cars all performing at the very maximum of their ability. Then Hamilton got into clean air and his team got the timing right with a little bit of luck thrown in on the tyre strategy. Only on his car did it seem to work to stay out instead of getting fresh intermediates. They made what appeared to be the wrong call which was exciting then it turns out it didn't matter and the second half of the race is a blowout in terms of who wins.

It's another great drive from Hamilton but I'm watching as a neutral. It's great to watch history made like today but let's be honest, he had the title won back in January at the first pre-season test. You can appreciate a good film but when you've seen it over 90 times it's like, okay, maybe I'd like to watch a different film next time.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived