talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd 0-0 Man City - Saturday 12th December, 2020

football forum

2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Not much really, I just think Chelsea's strength in depth will be telling as the season wears on. I certainly think they will finish above Utd. 

I also think Liverpool and Spurs will finish above Utd. 

Is that so ludicrous? Maybe up for debate but ludicrous?

To suggest Chelsea will be nailed on for top 3 is ludicrous yes, but it’s only my opinion. And that’s what I was referring to. Even Tottenham is a stretch for nailed on. I know Citeh haven’t clicked, but I’d still say it a Liverpool/Citeh 1-2 followed by the rest and it could be absolutely any order.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

To suggest Chelsea will be nailed on for top 3 is ludicrous yes, but it’s only my opinion. And that’s what I was referring to. Even Tottenham is a stretch for nailed on. I know Citeh haven’t clicked, but I’d still say it a Liverpool/Citeh 1-2 followed by the rest and it could be absolutely any order.

The league table is pretty tight and it’s all wide open. Who knows what’ll happen in the coming weeks with December meaning so many matches.

I do think on performances, us (other than that Aston Villa game lol), Spurs and Chelsea look the most likely title contenders.

But yeah it’s tight and playing well now doesn’t necessarily mean it’ll hold up all season. I also think every club this season is going to struggle for consistency at different stages in the season.

3 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Ok mate no probs 👍 

I think Chelsea have looked as incompetent as United at times this season. I know you only play what’s in front of you, but their victories are all against clubs in the bottom half of the table. I think it’ll be more clear in February. If United got their act together and put down a consistent run, they can easily make top 4. And I’m usually the one putting us down. It’s probably the most wide open it’s been in years.

Archived