talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd 0-0 Man City - Saturday 12th December, 2020

football forum

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is where we are going to find out if City have turned the corner, or if it's just been a case of having an easy run of games since the Spurs defeat.

If they don't win this game, at a time when their neighbours are leaking goals, it'a not a great sign for them going forward.

I was reading the other day that Manchester Police had failed to investigate over 250 crimes throughout this year... I suspect that at least 2 of those investigations not carried out were the clear cases of fraud that United fans had to watch taking place right under their noses when they played those games against Leipzig and PSG... 

Hopefully a draw... 

• Subscriber

I don't fancy United's chances here because of 2 players in the City team, the master of magic in K.D.Bruyne and the goal-scoring machine in Sergio Agüero if he is fit, but saying that this has the making of a draw if KDB & Agüero can be held by United's fabulous defence of square head & co...:shutup:...:eek:

I think we can forget how important David Silva was to Man City in that midfield and to Pep’s style. Silva wasn’t just central to City but he was central to that dominant Spanish side and the only reason he didn’t make the 2010 squad was because he couldn’t get his transfer from Valencia to City done in time and Del Bosque didn’t want any transfer distractions from players, no exceptions. There’s not many players in this City midfield that could hold the important Silva held when he played in that Spain team

Defensively City haven’t replaced Kompany but I’ve liked what I’ve seen from Diaz so far on the pitch, but Kompany ran that club from top to bottom. They need that again....but they’ve not replaced Silva and it’s a big opportunity for someone like Foden to do so

1 hour ago, Danny said:

I think we can forget how important David Silva was to Man City in that midfield and to Pep’s style. Silva wasn’t just central to City but he was central to that dominant Spanish side and the only reason he didn’t make the 2010 squad was because he couldn’t get his transfer from Valencia to City done in time and Del Bosque didn’t want any transfer distractions from players, no exceptions. There’s not many players in this City midfield that could hold the important Silva held when he played in that Spain team

Defensively City haven’t replaced Kompany but I’ve liked what I’ve seen from Diaz so far on the pitch, but Kompany ran that club from top to bottom. They need that again....but they’ve not replaced Silva and it’s a big opportunity for someone like Foden to do so

Wait, so you’re telling me Phil Foden, the greatest youth player Guadiana has ever seen, couldn’t fill in Silva’s boots? Well I’ll be god dammed! 

City have looked worried about Man United's counter-attack threat, this has happened before with the better teams in the league when they face United. 

Looks like City have been waiting for United to press them the whole game hence the slowness and passiveness on the ball and recurrent short and sideways passes around the back and with Rodri and Fernandinho. On one or two occasions United have pushed on and pressed and it's given City some good space to exploit but that's it. 

I don't think Rodri and Fernandinho have played a forward pass all game. Sometimes we're too quick to criticise the players for a lack of tempo in possession but sometimes it can be a manager's instruction to play that way. In saying that, it's also hard to predict what goes through Pep's head.

I've turned this off through boredom which means they'll be a goal coming.

Would it be ludicrous to suggest that Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs are nailed on for top three and the Manchester clubs will be fighting it out for fourth?

If Pep after spending all that money finishes 4th this season its nothing short of gross negligence. 

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Would it be ludicrous to suggest that Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs are nailed on for top three and the Manchester clubs will be fighting it out for fourth?

If Pep after spending all that money finishes 4th this season its nothing short of gross negligence. 

I don't think you can write City out of that race yet, they've the ability to click into gear and start a crazy winning run.

Man United wont be anywhere close to winning it.

3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

We will be top 3 at very least

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

We will be top 3 at very least

You look so toothless going forward against any half decent side. That front 6 doesn’t scare at all. Not having a proper centre forward (for Aguero) really is letting them down and a lack of Silva replacement for these tight games 

• The title was changed to Man Utd 0-0 Man City - Saturday 12th December, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived