• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leicester City 3-0 Brighton - Sunday 13th December, 2020

football forum

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

You would like to think we'll win it, Brighton are a weird team though, they seem to routinely play well but not win games. We're arguably the opposite - would be unfair to say we never play well but I do think we've gotten better results than our performances suggest this season. Basically it all points to us winning it unconvincingly.

I would like to hope after the showing midweek he starts both Under and Barnes. A fit Ndidi will be key for us as well, feel like he doesn't trust Mendy enough to not play a back 3 behind him. Ndidi coming in should alleviate the need for it as he's quite simply on another level.

• Subscriber

Amazon clearly have no business showing football games. All the idiots have done is talk about Leicester and Brighton! Shouldn't they be talking about Liverpool or Manchester United? What do they know?!

• Administrator

Maddison goal puts us ahead. 

Justin is having a quality game. Considering he was only in League One two seasons ago and has since looked very mature and experienced in league and Europe, he's doing very well. So versatile too. Has played both wing back roles and across the centre back positions and looked decent in all. 

8 minutes ago, Stan said:

Maddison goal puts us ahead. 

Justin is having a quality game. Considering he was only in League One two seasons ago and has since looked very mature and experienced in league and Europe, he's doing very well. So versatile too. Has played both wing back roles and across the centre back positions and looked decent in all. 

How are Brighton playing?

Seen a couple of their games this season and think they've been quite unfortunate not to get more points than what they have.

• Administrator

Beautiful. 

@N U F C Brighton couldn't handle our change of shape. Went to a back 4, gave Justin more space down the right to attack Dan Burn, profited massively and got Maddison on the ball more in the middle. 

• Subscriber

It is literally him changing the system. The first 25 we were ghastly. He changes the system and we play the best stuff we've played all season. I hope that's drawn a firm line under 3 at the back at home to bottom half sides again.

We've been superb this last 20, literally everything you could ask for, we look like we're gonna score every time we get the ball.

Maddison with 2 goals. Been asking for this from him. More of this.

Justin's ripping them down their left side as well.

• Subscriber

Professional job second half. Nice win. Three wins in a week now. He got the system totally wrong at first and pretty much any of us could've called it. We got away with it through Welbeck's miss, but he did rectify it and from then on we played some of the best stuff we've played all season. Second half was a bit dull but that is no problem, another clean sheet and energy largely conserved ahead of another game on Wednesday.

James Justin is a swiss army knife. So versatile yet seems to play every position well. Bundles of energy.

Vardy we all know about.

Maddison I've said many a time, he has the talent, he just hasn't imposed it enough this year. He's nearly doubled his 2020 goals and assists tally in the past week. I'm glad for him, he speaks well and he's superb when on song.

If we can get Ndidi back in form then it's very big. I think it's probably been overlooked a lot how bleak a 2020 he's had, never at any point has he really been fit.

• The title was changed to Leicester City 3-0 Brighton - Sunday 13th December, 2020
  • Administrator
3 minutes ago, Dan said:

Professional job second half. Nice win. Three wins in a week now. He got the system totally wrong at first and pretty much any of us could've called it. We got away with it through Welbeck's miss, but he did rectify it and from then on we played some of the best stuff we've played all season. Second half was a bit dull but that is no problem, another clean sheet and energy largely conserved ahead of another game on Wednesday.

James Justin is a swiss army knife. So versatile yet seems to play every position well. Bundles of energy.

Vardy we all know about.

Maddison I've said many a time, he has the talent, he just hasn't imposed it enough this year. He's nearly doubled his 2020 goals and assists tally in the past week. I'm glad for him, he speaks well and he's superb when on song.

If we can get Ndidi back in form then it's very big. I think it's probably been overlooked a lot how bleak a 2020 he's had, never at any point has he really been fit.

Maddison really flourished in the change of shape. He was finding some space with the original formation but found so much more and controlled the middle after the change. That 2nd goal is a thing of beauty. The way he worked the space and to finish like that on your weaker foot was quality.

Justin is one of our highlights of the season so far. Today just epitomised his maturity and strength as a versatile player. Starts out at LWB and ends up dominating the right wing. Class from him.

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Stan said:

Maddison really flourished in the change of shape. He was finding some space with the original formation but found so much more and controlled the middle after the change. That 2nd goal is a thing of beauty. The way he worked the space and to finish like that on your weaker foot was quality.

Justin is one of our highlights of the season so far. Today just epitomised his maturity and strength as a versatile player. Starts out at LWB and ends up dominating the right wing. Class from him.

James Justin is one of our best signings for a long time. We're very much stacked in the full back roles when everyone is fit. Some going to say we sold one for £50mil in the summer.

Yeah Maddison's second in-particular was just perfection, literally could not have angled it any better. More of that from him and he'll put himself back in the discussions.

• The topic was unpinned

I don't mind Graham Potter and Brighton play some nice stuff these days but you've got to wonder whether changing their style from the pragmatic approach they used to have could eventually shoot them in the foot.

They used to be so solid at the back, bit of a pain to play, but they can't seem to buy a clean sheet these days. It always seemed to be their strength. 

I see a lot of similarities between us and them in terms of not taking chances and shipping goals and you do wonder longer things play out if we'll be the sides that get sucked into it. 

Brighton just don't seem to get enough goals. Relying on Welbeck could be dangerous.

Archived