talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 1-3 LIVERPOOL - Thursday 28th January, 2021

football forums

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Precisely. Evans for only £3.5m is one of the most underrated signings around these days. Bargain. Last season majority of people & pundits picked Soyuncu as the better CB. Most Leicester fans saw it was Evans who was better, though.

No doubt Leicester have been very shrewd in their transfer dealings, we have pulled off a few coups in recent seasons too Stan.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

No doubt Leicester have been very shrewd in their transfer dealings, we have pulled off a few coups in recent seasons too Stan.

I don't doubt that :) 

4 minutes ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

We haven't been a "that will do us" club in a very long time Rick.

Possibly why we haven't offered Sokratis a bunch of wages as a knee jerk stop gap solution?

Going into this season without replacing Lovren is the definition of “that’ll do us”. 

I think people are making this out to be far easier than it actually is. Playing centre back in this Liverpool side is probably the most difficult position on the pitch. It's not just a case of going out and getting anyone who is perceived as 'decent' or has 'experience' (also probably means they're slow as fuck). If they can't help Liverpool play a higher line, just as Williams and Phillips can't, then is there any point? I think the plan was to get by this season and go get their first choice in the summer.

The issues recently haven't been conceding goals anyway. We've seen Liverpool not commit enough to boxing teams in recently. Perhaps overcompensating for what was at centre back or a lack of confidence. We saw a return of the Liverpool we all know in that sense, of sorts, last night and even in parts against Man Utd on Sunday. Seemed to be willing to take more risks, even when Phillips came on last night. 

Whoever people are suggesting as a stop gap won't be better than Henderson and Fabinho there anyway. If Liverpool can keep making the midfield and attack work like they have the last couple of games and keep taking more risks they won't have any issues scoring goals.

As long as Liverpool sort the issue in the summer then I'm not going to moan too much

8 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I think people are making this out to be far easier than it actually is.

That's it in a nutshell. 

If it was as easy as some make out I have a feeling that we would have done it already.

I get it that Rick just like any other red wanted us to buy someone, and I realize he doesn't want to talk about "hindsight" but how many of us foresaw an unprecedented injury crisis or more to the point how many were posting that a journeyman CB signing was imperative before the summer transfer window closed, I sure didn't see any?:what:

12 minutes ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

That's it in a nutshell. 

If it was as easy as some make out I have a feeling that we would have done it already.

I get it that Rick just like any other red wanted us to buy someone, and I realize he doesn't want to talk about "hindsight" but how many of us foresaw an unprecedented injury crisis or more to the point how many were posting that a journeyman CB signing was imperative before the summer transfer window closed, I sure didn't see any?:what:

For what it’s worth. I have been wanting another centre back in way before even Lovren was sold. I don’t think Gomez is untouchable, so it wasn’t just a “journeyman” stop gap I wanted either. 

This isn’t a knee jerk reaction from myself, it’s my long terms fears fully realised. 

4 minutes ago, Rick said:

For what it’s worth. I have been wanting another centre back in way before even Lovren was sold. I don’t think Gomez is untouchable, so it wasn’t just a “journeyman” stop gap I wanted either. 

This isn’t a knee jerk reaction from myself, it’s my long terms fears fully realised. 

Fair enough Rick, I wasn't a member here before the season started and before we got hammered with injuries so didn't know that.

A top class partner for VVD was a priority for many of us, nobody I spoke to thought getting the likes of Sokratis was anywhere on the radar.

2 minutes ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

Fair enough Rick, I wasn't a member here before the season started and before we got hammered with injuries so didn't know that.

A top class partner for VVD was a priority for many of us, nobody I spoke to thought getting the likes of Sokratis was anywhere on the radar.

Wasn’t for me either until Gomez got his injury & Matip became the least reliable that he has ever been. 

I think the club have basically decided that we're not going to win the league this year with or without a new CB, and we're not at risk of finishing outside the top 4 without one. I don't agree, but that's the only reason I can think of for not acting. Not having the idea that it's not worth getting in an affordable upgrade on Phillips, Henderson or Williams unless they're top class, and I'm not having the idea that no one could've foreseen Matip and Gomez getting injured. Total bollocks

If the club are shocked into action now by Matip's injury it's an indication of incompetence for me. That should be something you factor into your decision making from day one, not an unexpected event you need to react to

11 hours ago, LFCMike said:

The Salah goal should have definitely stood shouldn't it?

But it is not a handball offence if after an accidental handball the ball travels some distance via a pass or a dribble, or there are several passes before the goal or goalscoring opportunity.

I think he gave it as a deliberate handball. I don't think it was, and certainly don't think it was clear and obvious, but I can see how someone would see it that way

8 minutes ago, Rick said:

Wasn’t for me either until Gomez got his injury & Matip became the least reliable that he has ever been. 

See, we are pretty much on the same page Rick. I hoped Joe was going to have that breakthrough season alongside Virgil with Matip as backup and Phillips or even Williams being there in emergency situations.

Then things went pear shaped against Everton. :(

2 hours ago, Burning Gold said:

I think the club have basically decided that we're not going to win the league this year with or without a new CB, and we're not at risk of finishing outside the top 4 without one. I don't agree, but that's the only reason I can think of for not acting. Not having the idea that it's not worth getting in an affordable upgrade on Phillips, Henderson or Williams unless they're top class, and I'm not having the idea that no one could've foreseen Matip and Gomez getting injured. Total bollocks

If the club are shocked into action now by Matip's injury it's an indication of incompetence for me. That should be something you factor into your decision making from day one, not an unexpected event you need to react to

Klopp answered the question on CB's last night. 

25 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Will you give it a rest? Klopp said the same as he always does “we will look, but it’s difficult”. Nothing he said last night was earth shattering. 

26 minutes ago, Rick said:

Will you give it a rest? Klopp said the same as he always does “we will look, but it’s difficult”. Nothing he said last night was earth shattering. 

Will I give it a rest???

Fuck me, you say the same thing in every single fucking thread ... and then ask me to give it a rest?

Did you even listen to what he said? Do you ever listen to what anyone says?

Jesus christ.

32 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Will I give it a rest???

Fuck me, you say the same thing in every single fucking thread ... and then ask me to give it a rest?

Jesus christ.

I’m having a conversation with people on here. Something which is usual fare on a discussion board. 

You are contributing next to fuck all repeating that one line. Which, btw, I have already answered. His quotes say nothing new. 

• Administrator
5 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Klopp answered the CB question after the game last night. 

5 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Klopp answered the CB question last night after the game.

2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

Will I give it a rest???

Jesus christ.

Irony :D

9 hours ago, Rick said:

I’m having a conversation with people on here. Something which is usual fare on a discussion board. 

You are contributing next to fuck all repeating that one line. Which, btw, I have already answered. His quotes say nothing new. 

It's as if it's the only thing in your life worth talking about. You literally bring it up in every discussion. 

Ok we get it, you think we need a CB and anyone will do and it's bad planning and this should never happen and you are furious and this is on Klopp and fsg are wank and you will be so mad if a CB isn't signed and you don't expect a CB to be signed.

Fuck me, change the record. Youre like a spoilt child. It's OK you wanting a CB Rick but for christ sake do you really have to bring it up in every thread, time after time, day after day?

Fucking groundhog.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Err, I don't think you got what I quoted xD

I did Stan. You quoted me repeating a sentence and then said 'irony'.

As always though you pick up on a squabble and decide to quote me. 

How about you pick up on the same person repeating the same thing, day in, day out, in every thread, like he's some weird fucking stalker on a mission? 

Every thread, win lose or draw hes there ... Mr fucking I know best, Mr fucking give me a CB noooowwwwww.

Take me back to school ffs.

• Administrator

Because I agree with @Rick's thoughts xD

Why would I pick on someone I agree with? Rick is sensible and doesn't resort to petty insults or get so worked up about what you do.

'don't pick on me!! Pick on him!!!' see how silly that sounds? 

Don't get why you feel like a victim on it. Rick (and others) simply just state and back themselves for something they've said most of the season. Literally nothing wrong with that (it's a football forum). Just because you don't like the repetitive nature of it doesn't make it any less worthwhile. 

I get it - you have a difference of opinion with another fan. Again, that's allowed and no-one is depriving you of that (whether you get quoted or not). Pointing out some light-hearted irony about a post you made again, isn't wrong. Stop acting like you get to be some kind of king of Liverpool fan and therefore decide who talks about what. 

We're all here to talk about football and sometimes it does get repetitive - you don't always have to point it out and get so angered about it :what:

19 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I did Stan. You quoted me repeating a sentence and then said 'irony'.

As always though you pick up on a squabble and decide to quote me. 

How about you pick up on the same person repeating the same thing, day in, day out, in every thread, like he's some weird fucking stalker on a mission? 

Every thread, win lose or draw hes there ... Mr fucking I know best, Mr fucking give me a CB noooowwwwww.

Take me back to school ffs.

It's a fair call mate. If the point surfaces in a post match summary because of another sub par defensive performance is hardly the fault of the group for discussing it...

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Because I agree with @Rick's thoughts xD

Why would I pick on someone I agree with? Rick is sensible and doesn't resort to petty insults or get so worked up about what you do.

'don't pick on me!! Pick on him!!!' see how silly that sounds? 

Don't get why you feel like a victim on it. Rick (and others) simply just state and back themselves for something they've said most of the season. Literally nothing wrong with that (it's a football forum). Just because you don't like the repetitive nature of it doesn't make it any less worthwhile. 

I get it - you have a difference of opinion with another fan. Again, that's allowed and no-one is depriving you of that (whether you get quoted or not). Pointing out some light-hearted irony about a post you made again, isn't wrong. Stop acting like you get to be some kind of king of Liverpool fan and therefore decide who talks about what. 

We're all here to talk about football and sometimes it does get repetitive - you don't always have to point it out and get so angered about it :what:

Again, it's like being at school. Stan, us Liverpool fans have had this CB conversation a million times. We have the discussion, sort it out, come to a mutual conclusion and then what?.... He starts it all over again, time after time, day in day out .... he either has the worst memory in the world or he just loves saying the same thing!?

Right, let's start again.... we need a CB, we should have planned for VVD and Gomez sustaining season ending injuries, it was bad planning, we need a CB, Matip is injury prone, we need a CB, anyone will do even sokratis, we need a CB, klopp should never have signed Thiago he should have bought a 4th choice CB instead, klopp shouldn't have bought Jota to improve depth to our front line that everyone was crying out for.. he should have bought a 4th choice CB instead. 

Fuck me, going into this season we had VVD, Gomes, Matip, Fabinho, Phillips & Williams. Ok we have been unlucky with injuries but you can't just go out and buy a player that is good but won't be expected to play unless VVD and Gomes and Matip are injured... it doesn't work like that ffs. 

Klopp has said time and time again that he wants a CB but getting the right one is difficult. We have all said that we need a CB. How many fucking more times does this have to be said before the penny drops? 

Ok we get it.. WE NEED A CB 

Archived