talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The "Next" Golden Generation

football forum

1 hour ago, Michael said:

Lets face it, he flopped at Dortmund, didn't impress at Seville, but as soon as he returned to Lazio and Serie A he started scoring for fun and banging in the goals. There's also a reason why Serie A regularly has players in their mid to late 30's becoming leading scorers in their league. I would never call it a stupid term such as a farmers league, because it clearly isn't. But it is no way near the level of leagues such as the EPL or the Bundesliga. 

i think that  is more of a cultural thing, the italians have always put less emphasis on age than other leagues, good enough is old enough to them. don’t forget about your own alex meier he peaked on his 30s!

i think the quality of all the leagues drops off after the top half or 5/6, what does a team like armina offer that brighton or cagliari soeant have? we can argue about the quality of all the leagues we want but it always the sane every year, only four or five teams really matter

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Spike said:

sevilla won the europa league fifty times and in the last few years, and stadium size means fuck all when you know the sydney roosters play at telstra stadium with a capacity of 80,000. fuck me dead cunt, two games is the most teams play each other in any competition and somehow thats not representative? that is how many times clubs play eachother in a league setting. if dortmund won you’d be saying how it is an example of how shit serie a is and how great the bundesliga is, and dont lie to me and sya you wouldn’t, because ya fucken would xD

and you cant use bvb getting to the champions league final as a compliment when juve did it three or four times in the same timeframe, man city have done it how many times?

Dortmund fill their stadium unlike the roosters
Point to me using a sample size of 2 ever
Man city suck balls
Juve made 2 finals
Sevilla won the no one fucking cares league fifty times.
Blow me peasant 

1 minute ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Dortmund fill their stadium unlike the roosters
Point to me using a sample size of 2 ever
Man city suck balls
Juve made 2 finals
Sevilla won the no one fucking cares league fifty times.
Blow me peasant 

ill point to your fucking balls and give them a tickling if you keep giving me cheek

5 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I'll tongue tickle your testes twice as nice until you sneeze out your diabetes and return to the motherland 

do it, i double dog dare you, i wanna feel like the bloke that used to host saturday morning disney with those two chicks

7 minutes ago, Spike said:

i think that  is more of a cultural thing, the italians have always put less emphasis on age than other leagues, good enough is old enough to them. don’t forget about your own alex meier he peaked on his 30s!

i think the quality of all the leagues drops off after the top half or 5/6, what does a team like armina offer that brighton or cagliari soeant have? we can argue about the quality of all the leagues we want but it always the sane every year, only four or five teams really matter

If you are good enough, you are old enough is the general rule in most leagues. But it is clear to most that when you hit your mid to late 30's you are naturally not going to be as good as you used to be. Regarding Meier, I did specifically say mid to late 30's, Meier was only 32 when he had his last impressive season. In Serie A you regularly find players in their mid to late 30's on top or near the top of the top scorers charts. This has been happening for years. As an example, a player like Quagliarella at 36, would never be top scorer in the EPL or the Bundesliga, especially if he played for a mid-table club from these leagues like he did with Sampdoria a couple of years ago. Even now at 38, he is still regularly leading the line for Sampdoria and has already scored 8 league goals this season.:ph34r:

What is the criteria that you look at when you compare leagues? I'd say firstly, we have to look at the quality of players in each respective team in a particular league. Added to that, I also think that how the respective teams fare in Europe is also a good indicator as to how strong a team is. For me, the EPL and the Bundesliga stand out in this sense at the present time. I'd say the likes of Mainz and Brighton are better teams than Spezia fc for example.

Sure, for the most part, at the top of the leagues we have the usual suspects. But that doesn't mean that the teams in mid table or down near the bottom don't matter. The stronger the teams near the bottom are, the more likely the teams near the top might slip up against them. 

12 hours ago, Michael said:

If you are good enough, you are old enough is the general rule in most leagues. But it is clear to most that when you hit your mid to late 30's you are naturally not going to be as good as you used to be. Regarding Meier, I did specifically say mid to late 30's, Meier was only 32 when he had his last impressive season. In Serie A you regularly find players in their mid to late 30's on top or near the top of the top scorers charts. This has been happening for years. As an example, a player like Quagliarella at 36, would never be top scorer in the EPL or the Bundesliga, especially if he played for a mid-table club from these leagues like he did with Sampdoria a couple of years ago. Even now at 38, he is still regularly leading the line for Sampdoria and has already scored 8 league goals this season.:ph34r:

What is the criteria that you look at when you compare leagues? I'd say firstly, we have to look at the quality of players in each respective team in a particular league. Added to that, I also think that how the respective teams fare in Europe is also a good indicator as to how strong a team is. For me, the EPL and the Bundesliga stand out in this sense at the present time. I'd say the likes of Mainz and Brighton are better teams than Spezia fc for example.

Sure, for the most part, at the top of the leagues we have the usual suspects. But that doesn't mean that the teams in mid table or down near the bottom don't matter. The stronger the teams near the bottom are, the more likely the teams near the top might slip up against them. 

Serie A and Italy always seem to have had older players still playing at a very high level, even at the 'peak' of the league. Dario Hubner (there's a name for the Football Italia generation) was banging them in whilst in his mid 30s, meanwhile you have players like Luca Toni that were late to peak in their careers and scored plenty goals after turning 30.

Archived