talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 0-1 Fulham - Sunday 7th March, 2021

football forum

1 hour ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

I don't want to get into a "my club is better than your club" nonsense but a few responses ...........

Firmino didn't predate Klopp, he was signed by Klopp

Salah was playing well at Roma but there wasn't a bunch of clubs after him and he didn't "cost so much" at all, yes 34M is hardly peanuts but to put it in perspective manu spent 75M on Lukaku just a few weeks later.

And Robertson, we signed him for 8M, he became highly rated after we signed him.

Firmino was signed by Rodgers...

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It's funny how I know more about your squad than your new walk in "fans" do. 

I know I clash with the liverpool lads here a lot as a WUM but your old guard are a sound lot (except when Madlads world is ending) 
I hope these ring ins don't drag down your average. 

5 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

All clubs are on par with each other. There's nothing any more special about one club than another. A Carlyle fan will love Carlyle and never abandon them to watch Real Madrid for instance. 
Honors are cool, and to be striven for to provide direction to the sport. But you think winning the champions league somehow makes you superior? That others should bow down to your self perceived magnificence? 

But what does a Scottish actor have to do with this? :ph34r:

• Administrator
5 hours ago, UNIQUE said:

all i said is mane and salah were cheep as chips and liverpool piss on your club all day long. you have to respect the 6 times champions of europe. and yes you should bow down to our magnificence.  happy days :D

5 hours ago, UNIQUE said:

dude did that 6 times champions lge winning boast from me melt your lady pants. sometimes you just have to suck a big bag of dicks and this is your day :D

Mate if you're 46y/o you should probably start acting it xD

This is the kind of stuff a kid comes out with in the school playground. 

• The topic was unpinned
9 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

My mistake.

Unlike some on here I'm capable of admitting it,

9 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

It's funny how I know more about your squad than your new walk in "fans" do. 

I know I clash with the liverpool lads here a lot as a WUM but your old guard are a sound lot (except when Madlads world is ending) 
I hope these ring ins don't drag down your average. 

So that was your take on that?

That you think you know more about Liverpool than me? 

No response about all those clubs who were after Salah, or those other clubs of yours that rated Robertson (but  didn't think he was worth more than 8M).

Any time you want to debate Liverpool I'll be more than happy to oblige sonny, I've supported them all my life and watched them long before you were born.

Of course if you feel more comfortable continuing your little battle of wits with UNIQUE I'll completely understand.:whistling:

11 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Salah was your clubs record signing when you bought him. Hardly a steal 

I never suggested he wasn't a big signing for us, I was pointing out that even though he was playing well at Roma we didn't have to fight off other big clubs to sign him.

And not exactly a steal unless you compare him with other big signings around that time, Lukaku for 75M for example.

Put it this way, after a year with us his value doubled (maybe tripled) how many other strikers could you say that about?

12 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

You picked up a cheap low risk signing from a relegated side. Just like you did with Charlie Adam? It's hardly a groundbreaking signing. It's worked out well, good for you. 

What we did was pick up a player that was flying under the radar, 8M for a full back that was the best LB in the league the season after.

Ironically there were other clubs after Adam after his great season for Blackpool so hardly a good example of plucking up a player who was worth much more than we paid unlike Robbo and a lesser extent Salah.

btw I wasn't the one trying to make out that these players were unknowns when we signed them, I'm saying that there weren't plenty of other teams going for either of them.

On 08/03/2021 at 07:48, Stan said:

Mate if you're 46y/o you should probably start acting it xD

This is the kind of stuff a kid comes out with in the school playground. 

mate im as childish as you will ever see but its fun :D

23 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Salah was your clubs record signing when you bought him. Hardly a steal 

You picked up a cheap low risk signing from a relegated side. Just like you did with Charlie Adam? It's hardly a groundbreaking signing. It's worked out well, good for you. 

how many of klopps signings would not sell for a profit if the club sold them. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, UNIQUE said:

come on stan your not a stifo are you buddy. its just a bit of fun mate. 

all for a bit of fun but you're a 46y/o man spouting crap that a kid would do in school xD 

Maybe your idea of fun is just very, very basic :D 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

all for a bit of fun but you're a 46y/o man spouting crap that a kid would do in school xD 

Maybe your idea of fun is just very, very basic :D 

true. but the best way to deal with bitter salty people is to just defuse it with a childish comment. :)

Archived