talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 2-0 Southampton - Saturday 8th May, 2021

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Jannik Vestergard is better than all of Liverpool's defenders.

The ones on the pitch, sure. But being better than them really doesn’t say much about his quality.

29 minutes ago, Rick said:

This is going to end up 1-1. Can just fucking see it. 

Just feels like so many other matches we’ve seen this season where that happens.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

The ones on the pitch, sure. But being better than them really doesn’t say much about his quality.

Just feels like so many other matches we’ve seen this season where that happens.

When was the last time Robertson and Arnold were in form? Genuine question, they've look crooked for ages now. I was never that into Van Dijk either but that statement causes people to be upset.

I was never that into Van Dijk either but that statement causes people to be upset.

Take your meds. 

In answer to your question, this whole season. Trent had a couple of games around the time he got dropped for England where he looked really goo, but he’s regressed again. Robertson hasn’t been terrible this season, but he hasn’t been good either. 

When was the last time Robertson and Arnold were in form? Genuine question, they've look crooked for ages now. I was never that into Van Dijk either but that statement causes people to be upset.

A while ago. Trent was in decent form after the horror show at the beginning of the season for a bit up until Henderson got injured. Tbh Henderson usually fills in the gaps for the fullbacks bombing forward, especially Trent - but us playing a deeper line with a midfield that’s not got much energy in it beyond Fabinho has really changed both of them.

This season’s made it really clear that Klopp’s Liverpool might have good players, but it’s all about the system. Too many cogs in the machine have broken down and it all looks pretty shit

Just now, Rick said:

Nooo, I’m not upset I’m just concerned for you. 

I don't even think he is bad, just that I don't think he is as good as everyone fellates him to be.

'bruh dis guy should be winning the balon d'or, for real cuz'

He is strong, fast, and good in the air which leads to goals. He is no better than Sergio Ramos and he was never near the balon d'or. People just got a stiffy over a string of good games, like how Stan got a stiffy over Foden the over day.

A while ago. Trent was in decent form after the horror show at the beginning of the season for a bit up until Henderson got injured. Tbh Henderson usually fills in the gaps for the fullbacks bombing forward, especially Trent - but us playing a deeper line with a midfield that’s not got much energy in it beyond Fabinho has really changed both of them.

This season’s made it really clear that Klopp’s Liverpool might have good players, but it’s all about the system. Too many cogs in the machine have broken down and it all looks pretty shit

I said it before but people didn't really take my seriously. I do believe the Klopp burnout is real, and it isn't just Klopp. I think Guardiola and Mourinho also tend to ask to much from players and burn them out. I think that is why after spending three billion squid on fullbacks, no matter what they look like shite at Man City, because Guardiola is too demanding on that role, and they are either just never going to be that good, or they get burnt out.

2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Hahaha, imagine just ignoring the body of evidence of Liverpool pre-Van Dijk, Liverpool with Van Dijk and Liverpool this season and then coming out with that. 

You're acting like a twat, where did I say that he wasn't a great player?

7 minutes ago, Spike said:

I don't even think he is bad, just that I don't think he is as good as everyone fellates him to be.

He is strong, fast, and good in the air which leads to goals. He is no better than Sergio Ramos and he was never near the balon d'or. People just got a stiffy over a string of good games, like how Stan got a stiffy over Foden the over day.

Messi 686

Van Dijk 679

I mean that's pretty close 🙃 I think I've misread this post @Spike. Ignore mexD

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

I’ve never seen a defender come into a new side and make an impact like Virgil did with us when he joined, tbh.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

You're acting like a twat, where did I say that he wasn't a great player?

Just a string of good games. I mean, that's a purple patch isn't it? Not turning a side into domestic and European contenders over the course of two and a half seasons

1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

Messi 686

Van Dijk 679

I mean that's pretty close 🙃

I wasn't talking about the vote count, smartarse.

I’ve never seen a defender come into a new side and make an impact like Virgil did with us when he joined, tbh.

That doesn't mean he is hands down the best player in the world!

You bastards just read what you want to read and get all worked up by a differing opinion that isn't even that different. xD

Bloody hell, I say he is as good as Sergio Ramos, one of my favourite defenders of all time and apparently that isn't enough praise. xD God forbid, I think that Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, and a few others are just head and shoulders above the rest, so much so that players like Ramos and van Dijk would never get close.

1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

Just a string of good games. I mean, that's a purple patch isn't it? Not turning a side into domestic and European contenders over the course of two and a half seasons

Yeah you're right, it was just van Dijk that did that.

Just now, Spike said:

I wasn't talking about the vote count, smartarse.

That doesn't mean he is hands down the best player in the world!

You bastards just read what you want to read and get all worked up by a differing opinion that isn't even that different. xD

Bloody hell, I say he is as good as Sergio Ramos, one of my favourite defenders of all time and apparently that isn't enough praise. xD God forbid, I think that Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, and a few others are just head and shoulders above the rest, so much so that players like Ramos and van Dijk would never get close.

I think he was one of the best players in the world that season where he was ranked as one of the best players in the world.

And I’m not worked up, I’m just talking with you. Dunno about everyone else, but I’m cool as a cucumber because I’ve been resigned to me just wanting the season to be over for a while.

To be fair @Spike you did come out with a couple of statements that couldeasily be perceived as you not thinking he was a great defender. I’m not going to argue any of your points though, I think most people acknowledge that he’s not as good as Messi 😂

• The title was changed to Liverpool 2-0 Southampton - Saturday 8th May, 2021

I think he was one of the best players in the world that season where he was ranked as one of the best players in the world

And so was Michael Owen! Andres Iniesta is possibly one of the best midfielders ever and never got as many votes as van Dijk! 

Just now, Spike said:

Yeah you're right, it was just van Dijk that did that.

He was a huge factor. Liverpool don't reach the Champions League final in 2018 without him. And then they probably don't have the pull to beat others to Alisson and Fabinho

1 minute ago, Spike said:

And so was Michael Owen! Andres Iniesta is possibly one of the best midfielders ever and never got as many votes as van Dijk! 

I don’t do the voting? Blame UEFA or the players themselves, or whoever does do the voting xD 

Just now, LFCMike said:

He was a huge factor. Liverpool don't reach the Champions League final in 2018 without him. And then they probably don't have the pull to beat others to Alisson and Fabinho

What ifs don't convince me about stuff like that. If Liverpool didn't sign van Dijk, Labour would have won the last election and Corbin would be the PM. Can't prove that!

• The topic was unpinned

Archived